Yesterday, the winners of the SPJ’s Sigma Delta Chi awards were announced. You can see a full list of the winners here.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Those of you feeling like Dasani was robbed for the Pulitzer will be happy to know that “Invisible Child” won for non-deadline reporting.
- Overall, reporting on the Boston Marathon bombing scooped up awards not just for deadline reporting, but photography, too. Then, among all the tragedy, this photo won in the regional publication category.
- No surprise: The Texas Tribune won for deadline reporting of the abortion filibuster. And CPI and ABC have another award to spar over for the reporting on black lung.
- Of all the investigative and public service reporting in print, online, on the radio, and on television; NPR’s Planet Money podcast won for making a t-shirt.
Talk about your favorites in the comments or let us know what you think @10,000Words.
- Submit Your Work for the Newswomen's Club of New York Front Page Awards Now
- $5,000 Top Prize for Gannett Foundation’s Al Neuharth Award for Investigative Journalism
- Knight News Challenge Winners Focus on Open, Available, and Secure Internet
- ONA Adds Categories for Data, Visual Digital Storytelling To Online Journalism Awards