WHEN Materials available starting June 24
ALSO STARTS: New York - 6/29/2013
Learn how to write a video script and light, shoot, and edit your footage. We'll also show you how to broadcast your brand content or creative project on video-sharing sites like YouTube and Vimeo.
We'll explore examples of engaging online video, discuss the cameras and microphones you'll need, and teach you the basics of shooting, editing, and distributing your content.
In this class, you will learn how to:
- Integrate video into your content plan
- Draft and edit video scripts
- Light, record, and shoot video for the web
- Select the software programs you need to know
- Post and tag your entries on YouTube and Vimeo to attract new viewers
By the end of class, you will have:
A video posted to YouTube or Vimeo and the skills to complete new projects going forward.
Students will need their own consumer-grade cameras to complete the assignments for this class.
- Lessons: Learn new skills through video-based lessons
- Discussion: Join a weekly live, interactive discussion via IM and video
- Assignments: Complete homework and receive instructor feedback
- Forums: Exchange resources, meet peers, and ask your instructor questions
Additionally, she heads the video department at Guideposts magazine and owns a growing content development company, content.io. To see links to all of her work, visit kzfilms.com.
"Karen is a hands-on, caring, knowledgeable instructor. She's always ready with advice -- from equipment to buy to edits to make. By the end of the class I felt much more confident using this complicated program than I would ever have thought walking in." -- Carolyn Crapo