WHEN Tuesdays, June 4 - July 9, 6:45-9:45 pm ET - Full Schedule
CERTIFICATE Use this course to earn a certificate in Digital Journalism.
You’ve mastered writing and editing for publications. But can you crop and resize photos, navigate a content management system, or understand what makes a great user experience?
Thanks to improvements in computer software and content management systems, you don’t have to be a web developer or tech person to create dynamic digital content. Through assignments and discussions, you will learn how to think past the written word and create content that is multi-dimensional and editorially relevant, uses the web to its full potential, create stories that have social media campaigns built in, and increases your value as an employee.
In this class, you will learn how to:
- Navigate and create content in a basic Content Management System, such as WordPress
- Crop, resize, and optimize photos, create graphics, and enhance static text through basic HTML/CSS
- Understand what makes a user-friendly website and how to create UGC contests that maximize and enhance your social presence
- Know which web technologies to follow and which to ignore
- Measure effectiveness and revenue potential through traffic and user engagement analytics
By the end of class, you will have:
A thorough understanding of how to conceptualize, articulate, and execute digital content that enhances your site’s editorial mission and is technologically sound.
Victoria's also assigned, wrote, edited, and produced packages for Patch.com, UniversityChic.com, The Staten Island Advance's website, USAToday's college website and SDTimes.com.
Victoria Reitano's Courses
Digital Production for Writers and Editors New York (Starts June 4)