WHEN Materials available starting June 19
CERTIFICATE Use this course to earn a certificate in Public Relations.
ALSO STARTS: Online - 8/8/2013
Over the last decade, we've seen an unprecedented surge of interest in public relations that is creating an incredible abundance of PR jobs in firms, corporations, non-profits, and consulting.
In this course, learn how to break into PR, enhance your skills, and develop PR programs. You'll also find out everything you need know to get that all-important first job.
In this class, you will learn how to:
- Develop a targeted, tactical PR plan that generates results
- Write dynamic biographies for yourself, your clients, and your associates
- Execute a targeted media outreach program geared to the needs of your client
- Draft attention-getting media pitch letters
- Distribute a news release
By the end of class, you will have:
A tactical public relations plan, a corporate biography, and a news release you can use in job interviews.
- Lessons: Learn new skills through video-based lessons
- Discussion: Join a weekly live, interactive discussion via IM and video
- Assignments: Complete homework and receive instructor feedback
- Forums: Exchange resources, meet peers, and ask your instructor questions
Lindsey started her career as a book publicist at Random House. In 2006, she created Rock for Lymphoma, a large-scale charity event at the Paradise Rock Club in Boston.
Lindsey Benoit's Courses
Public Relations (Starts June 19)