|Back to Home > Bulletin Board > O/T Off Topic > Topic: Still Alive|
Posted - 7/18/2012 4:17:29 PM | show profile | flag this post
Bleak, that's how we watch shows. rent the whole season and get glued to it. We went through Weeds this summer which was (mostly) funny, although one season was not too funny, it is also in it's last year. Still in the middle of Season 4 of BB. I loved Lost too.
>>I'm keeping all of the photos, not sure what I'll do with them. I just like having them, memories of all the dogs that I've been lucky to get to know briefly.<< The dogs bring so much joy to a person's life, I don't know what I wold do without my two sweeties, they are 6 yrs. now and it's going way too fast. I still say you can do a dog book, have you ever checked out Blurb? You can make your own very excellent looking book with them, good binding and paper.
The things that get the most comments on Facebook is dogs, cats, animals of any kind and food. So doing a book with your dog photos would go over well, it could even help make money for the shelter if they sold it there.
Posted - 7/19/2012 6:02:53 PM | show profile | flag this post
Thanks Nikon. I'll keep saving all the photos I take to my external hard drive and consider having a book made, maybe after a year or so of taking photos for the shelter. My friend Birdie is a musician here in Philly who also put together her own book of photos/writing she made traveling through the midwest with her best friend for the first time. Can't remember what company she did it through but any time she wants to order more copies of it she can. I would have to be careful about doing something like that though--basically to include everyone of the volunteers' photos, including the person who organizes the volunteers, because it would be a bit arrogant of me to just use my own and sell it at the shelter to raise money. Although I'm kind of a control freak when it comes to stuff like that--I know which photos of mine I'd want to include and which to leave out, and would be that way about other people's pics as well. Not that mine are great or anything, but I def. take more of what would be considered portraits of the dogs, while most of the other volunteers take photos of the dogs outside while they're running and it's very hard to get a decent shot that way, and I think portraits using macro are much more interesting...capturing the expression in the dog's eyes, on her/his face.
Posted - 8/10/2012 12:12:21 AM | show profile | flag this post
1) If your family were a country, which would it be and why?
Good Q. Not sure.
2) Ice tea -- sweetened, unsweetened or Long Island-style?
Lousianne sun tea brewed in a jar on the front walk.
3) Favorite summer activity?
Driving to the shore with the windows down and the music blasting; dinner in the screened-in porch; summer fruits and Jersey corn; ice cream cones at Kelly's on 611; sleeping with the windows open listening to the crickets...
4) Bikini, tankini, one-piece? Men -- dare you wear a Speedo?
Only if my name was Dieter and I was a German avante-garde artiste.
5) Best new toy at your house?
No new toys for a while.
Posted - 8/12/2012 12:29:31 PM | show profile | flag this post
Hi guys. Has not been the best summer for me.
In June I was told I would be laid off the end of July. I stopped going to the office the end of June. Severance until end of February isn't bad but in this economy it's not enough.
My sister died July 16. She'd been ill for a while, and I'm glad she's out of pain, but I really miss her. Only 20 months older than me so we were close.
Threw my back out last weekend, so I've been baby-ing it along, not doing much, trying to avoid having to go to a dr. Thank goodness for OTC pain meds and a good solid floor to lie on.
Now, to the questions:
1) If your family were a country, which would it be and why? -- Probably Russia; large and sprawling, lots of in-fighting, but comes together to face external challenges.
2) Ice tea -- sweetened, unsweetened or Long Island-style? -- Unsweetened, but I'll add my own sugar, thank-you.
3) Favorite summer activity? -- Beaching. Doesn't mean I'll get sun or go in the water, but put me on the beach with a nice umbrella and a cooler with food and beverages, and I'm good for the day.
4) Bikini, tankini, one-piece? Men -- dare you wear a Speedo? -- One piece, although a tankini covers just as much the way I wear them.
5) Best new toy at your house? -- Still my iPad. Not really new, but the newest. And still the best.