Are you into helping people figure out stuff? What about problem solving and explaining things? Do you like those too? If you're fun, and each of those questions gets a "yes", you might be just the person we’re looking for!
By “we” I mean the AOL Mail & Mobile support team. We’re looking for a talented, hardworking and passionate individual who enjoys helping people that use our products every day, specifically our flagship product – AOL Mail. If engaging with people, investigating issues, and trouble-shooting problems sounds intriguing to you, this could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
- Respond to member queries in a timely manner on all technical product issues.
- Communicate technical information to technical/non-technical members.
- Utilize in-house debugging tools to help with initial troubleshooting.
- High personal productivity with demonstrated follow-up ability is a must.
- Monitor user forums and point users to the appropriate support channel.
- Monitor social media communications from users (e.g. Facebook, Twitter).
- Identify and analyze issues, patterns and trends in supporting members, and if needed, proactively escalate any issues or key observations to various stakeholders within the company.
- Establish metrics on and report them on a weekly/monthly basis along with recommendations.
- Must be eager to take on responsibility, learn new skills and is comfortable in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must stay informed about emerging trends and social media tools.
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in English, Communication, Computer Application or Computer Science.
- 1-2 years in customer service, live help, or help content development is strongly preferred.
- Passionate about customer service and the internet
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, and interpersonal) skills in US English
- Excellent research and problem solving skills under stress
- Ability to resolve customers’ concerns with maturity and poise
- Ability to work independently as well as a strong contributor in a multifunctional team
- Interest in a wide variety of web-related topics
- Intermediate proficiency of MS Office suite
- All of the following:
1. Customer focus
2. Problem solving and analysis
3. Decisiveness and judgment
5. Open communication
6. Valuing diversity
- Knowledge Centred Support
- Editorial skills
- Active involvement in large online communities
- Implementation and improvement of community-related projects
- Social media tools
Do you want to make the Internet better? We do too. And we’re always looking for people with great ideas. We need free spirits and straight shooters. Creatives and critics. Nerds with nerve. People who love the Internet, but can see its cracks… and future, too. At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.