The Huffington Post World is currently seeking an intern who will report directly to the World Editor. The intern will help to provide the Huffington Post’s World page with the latest international news, foreign affairs analysis, video, and more. Ideal applicants will be voracious news consumers eager to work hard to provide optimal international news coverage.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Create compelling articles and features on international stories.
- Pitch ideas for video and photo gallery items.
- Discover excellent articles and analysis around the web.
Requirements for Success:
- Background and interest in international relations preferred
- Experience using a CMS is required (ex.- WordPress, Drupal, MoveableType, etc.)
- Familiarity with Photoshop/InDesign preferred
- Working knowledge of social media outlets is required, including: twitter, tumblr, facebook, pinterest, etc.
- Experience in creating/writing blogs is strongly preferred
- Basic HTML experience preferred
- Must be an organized multi-tasker who can self-manage his or her time and proactively.
- Endless energy and ideas for high-quality, reliable international news content, and exceptional drive to maximize its visibility.
This is full time, paid internship located in our New York, NY office- 40 hours/week at $10/hr. All applicants should be current students or recent graduates (Spring 2012 or later).
ABOUT THE HUFFINGTON POST
The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged community for opinion and conversation. The Huffington Post has 36.9 million monthly unique visitors (comScore April, 2012) posting over 6.5 million comments each month. The site has over 30,000 bloggers -- from politicians,students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real-time on the subjects they are most passionate about. The Huffington Post has editions in the UK, Canada, Quebec, France, and Spain, and Italy