|Publication or Company
||Internet/Online/New Media, Marketing
||401K/403B, Flexible Hours, Health, Telecommute Policy
||A lifestyle brand partnering with Fast Horse seeks an experienced and energetic content director to help launch and grow a content-focused online community that unites modern design enthusiasts, retailers and service providers in the Midwest.
We are looking for an experienced content editor, manager, writer and digital media professional to help create and manage digital assets that seamlessly combine multiple content types into a unified whole.
Our content director will oversee all aspects of content production and distribution, and help manage client relationships. The director will contribute to the high-level strategic direction.
We seek a creative and strategic thinker with experience producing and distributing content via multiple digital channels. We expect our content director to bring experience with design-oriented media outlets, as well as contacts in the architecture, design and home décor industries in the Midwest. Our editor will also demonstrate a passion for modern design and modern living.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Provide expertise in all aspects of content production
• Help set and execute content direction
• Ensure steady stream of engaging and timely content ideas
• Oversee content production -- story assignments, scheduling, development of multimedia assets, copy editing and publishing
• Coordinate and direct coverage in various markets
• Help build engaged communities of modern design aficionados
• Develop editorial calendars for the web and other distribution channels
• Develop digital distribution and engagement channels, including mobile platforms and social media services
• Help identify and cultivate strategic partners and clients
• Work with clients to produce informative and engaging sponsored content
• Develop and execute plans and processes for curating and aggregating third-party content
• Coordinate content contributions from members of an advisory board
• Track analytics and create regular reports
• Establish and manage preferred vendors list, including freelancers and contractors
• Coach, supervise, motivate and manage performance of junior staff, freelancers and contractors
• Assist with agency marketing initiatives, including new business presentations, blog and social media content and collateral development
• Assist with hiring and development of editorial and production staff as needed
• Strong writing and editing experience
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
• Extensive experience with online engagement platforms and social media tools
• Demonstrated experience conceiving, executing or managing social media campaigns
• Experience creating, managing and publishing digital content
• Project management – including the ability to set and meet deadlines and budgets
• Problem analysis – thoroughly defining challenges and solutions
• Resourcefulness– integrating creative knowledge with business realities
• Openness to new ideas and influences
• Curiosity to seek out new techniques and innovations
• Experience writing and editing content focused on modern design a major plus
• Contacts in design-oriented industries in Midwestern markets a major plus
• Four-year B.A. or B.S. degree
• At least five years of experience with a professional media outlet or content-producing brand
• We value initiative, a sense of humor, risk-taking and flexibility.
• You also need to have a thick skin and a long fuse to thrive in a creative, open, fast-paced environment
The lifestyle brand will operate under a strategic partnership with Fast Horse. Fast Horse has been named as one of Minnesota’s Best Places to Work by both The Mpls/St. Paul Business Journal and Minnesota Business Magazine, and was named to the The Mpls/St. Paul Business Journal’s "Fast 50" list honoring the fastest-growing companies in the Twin Cities.
We offer a highly flexible workplace, where Fast Horse staffers are untethered by a designated office or desk. We call it “hotdesking.” Our building is set up to facilitate communication and collaboration, and our people are offered the flexibility work wherever they desire, whether that’s at the office, at a coffee shop, at home, or anywhere else where they feel creative and productive. We offer highly competitive salaries, a cafeteria healthcare plan, a SIMPLE IRA, incentive compensation opportunities, and creativity stipends.
|About Our Company
||Fast Horse is an innovative, integrated agency offering a full range of traditional and non-traditional marketing services — including strategic planning, content marketing, graphic design, media relations, advertising, interactive, social media, sponsorship activation and special-event planning.