|Publication or Company
||Frederick Goldman, Inc.
||Director of Marketing Operations
||Marketing, Manufactoring - Jewelry
||401K/403B, Bonuses, Dental, Health
||New York, NY
||Director of Marketing Operations
The Director of Marketing Operations is responsible for developing and managing end-to-end marketing project plans and driving cross-functional teams to produce quality deliverables that are on-time and on budget. Primary responsibilities are to manage, traffic and balance requirements, dates, resources and budgets allocated for marketing projects supporting three sales divisions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This role will oversee and manage all marketing operations including project management, vendor management, photography, production and fulfillment of printed and digital branded materials, trade shows and events.
? Project management, budget development and on-time delivery of projects supporting multiple brands sold in national chain stores, independent retail stores, mass merchants and/or e-tailers
? Ongoing assessment of departmental workload and priorities, including the allocation of resources, as well as acquisition of freelance support, to ensure quality work is delivered on-time
? Create/oversee/improve the process for managing incoming project requests including gathering of required information, scheduling and assigning of projects to appropriate resources or vendor partners, approvals and delivery
? Work closely with Brand Manager and Sales to ensure projects are accurately defined, all relevant information is available and final delivery expectations are understood and met (materials, formats, costs, timing, etc.)
? Negotiate price, arrange purchase and ensure delivery of materials for visual merchandising, vendor services, etc.
? Responsible for the measurement and analytics of marketing programs
? Budget administration associated with supporting multiple brands across multiple distribution channels
? Provide Creative Services, Photographers and/or outside vendors with detailed project REQ forms, including timing and budgets, to ensure project definition, deliverables and expectations are clearly communicated prior to beginning a project
? Vendor management: work closely with internal and external service providers on the production, delivery and timing of marketing and communications materials including but not limited to: consumer and trade advertisements, promotional materials, branded in-case displays, packaging, brochures, sales support materials, email communications, website updates, etc.
? Provide ongoing communications within the marketing department as well as with internal and external clients on project status, including prior notification if projects are potentially going to be delayed and/or run over budget
? Identify improvement opportunities to increase efficiencies, reduce turnaround time and/or reduce costs
? Management of in-house photo studio and fulfillment resources in support of brand management, program development and sales efforts
? Coordinate trade show and event activities: space rental, booth setup & teardown, shipping of materials, coordination of travel & housing, etc.
• Strong project management skills and experience working with, developing and supporting trade and consumer brands
• Proven ability to manage internal and external resources while working collaboratively with Creative Services, Brand Management and Sales to execute initiatives on-time
• Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively with peers, subordinates and senior management
• Provide regular project status updates including any changes to scope, timing, budget and/or final deliverable
• Extremely detail-oriented, highly organized with excellent time management skills - self-directed and able to multi-task
• Team player with a positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills and a focus on problem solving
• Must thrive in a dynamic work environment that is fast-paced and serves multiple brands and channels of distribution
This position is directly responsible for managing at least 2 team members; carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; performance measures; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Undergraduate Degree in Marketing, Business or Journalism required, Masters Degree a plus
• Minimum of 7+ years marketing operations management for a luxury brand or project management/production management for an advertising agency
• Advanced computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint with knowledge of various graphics design, digital and internet-related software
|About Our Company