Job ID: 23004
Date Posted: 10/16/2012
Location: 20 Overland St, Boston
Job Family: Communications
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Located in Boston, Dana Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow’s physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
Are you a social media & website analytics expert who'd like to make a difference?
Ensure that Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is maximizing its online footprint, impact and social media efforts. Help support broader awareness of the Institute’s clinical care, research, marketing and fundraising activities online.
Through the use of social media analytics, website analytics, data visualization tools, and careful testing and iteration, the Online Analyst will help Dana-Farber reach our goals.
The Online Analyst will be an integral part of Dana-Farber’s ambitious communications and marketing efforts, and will have major responsibility for the design and implementation of social media campaigns and activities, search engine marketing (SEM) efforts, and search engine optimization (SEO) of all its web properties. He/she will also serve as a consultant to help other departmental staffers improve the effectiveness of their online activities.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospital that combines talented clinicians, researchers, and professionals with the best technologies, providing compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages fighting cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases.
Key Functional Areas of Responsibility:
- Social Media Strategy and Campaign Management: design, monitor and improve efforts to grow reach and effectiveness on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube and elsewhere
- Search Engine Optimization: drive strategy, reported metrics, and continual improvement processes including benchmarking, content/metadata, tracking techniques
- Search Engine Marketing: consult, develop, monitor, and improve online marketing campaigns
- Website Traffic Analysis: suggesting improvements for greater effectiveness and performance
- Key Performance Reporting Dashboard: develop and monitor a dashboard of key online performance indicators for the Communications dept. and external clients
- Benchmarking: compare and keep track of DFCI online activities and performance against industry standards and leaders
- Best Practices: advise online and print writers and editors on best practices for SEO and social media participation
- Reporting: report regularly to leadership and various internal clients on social media, web site performance, project development, timelines, and results
- Education: stay current with the latest developments in social media, SEO and SEM trends and techniques
- Training: help educate the broader Dana-Farber community on appropriate ways to incorporate social media in their
Excellent presentation skills
- 4-5 years experience in social media marketing and analytics
- BS/BA degree preferred
- Passion for social media and internet marketing
- Experience working with popular social media monitoring tools (Radian 6, Twitter Search, Social Mention, Traackr, etc) and popular social media management tools (TweetDeck, HootSuite, etc)
- Experience with website analysis using a variety of analytics tools
- Experience working with CMS and building/administering content in CMS environments
- Understanding of the basic legal complexities for use of social media sites in healthcare (e.g. HIPAA, privacy, etc.)
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, and identify and resolve problems
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere
- Ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and points
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills
Generally, a 40-hour workweek with some monitoring and posting on sites after usual business hours and weekends.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an Affirmation Action/Equal Opportunity Employer - committed to diversity and inclusion in our workforce.