|Publication or Company
||Online Magazine Content Editor
||Internet/Online/New Media, Magazine Publishing
||401K/403B, Bonuses, Dental, Health
||AAA is so much more than Roadside Service…We offer unique, high quality products and services to our members!
AAA Arizona is seeking a Content Editor responsible for writing, editing, and proofing editorial-style pieces for the online version of Highroads magazine and AAA Arizona business lines. This includes all stages of the online editorial cycle (editorial calendar development, topic identification, research, writing, editing and proofing, uploading to website, tagging with key words, etc.) and working with marketing team and business line leads to create editorial-style copy and marketing collateral to support achievement of product lines, revenue, market penetration and profitability.
Key responsibilities include:
Supports the editor-in-chief/Highroads magazine by:
· Developing an editorial calendar for the online version of Highroads
· Developing a production schedule for the online version of Highroads
· Writing or repurposing travel and related copy for the online version of Highroads
· Fact-checking and proofing all articles for the online version of Highroads
· Working with Creative Services to obtain images
· Uploading content and images to website
· Maintaining online version of the Arizona Events Calendar
· Breaking out individual stories from each issue of Highroads, tagging with appropriate search words, and placing in appropriate section of website
· Breaking out individual segments from each episode of AAA Presents Highroads with Dan Davis, tagging with appropriate search words, and placing in appropriate section of website
· Following AAA Style Guide and AP Stylebook
Supports marketing team by:
· Assigning and editing auto reviews for e-Update
· Writing assigned sections and proofing online and print publications: e-Update, e-Traveler, Spotlight, etc.
· Writing and editing assigned copy for the AAA brand and individual lines of business; serves as a brand steward in written communication for electronic and print formats; reviews and edits copy for brand compliance; detects errors in spelling, punctuation, and grammar
· Following AAA Style Guide and AP Stylebook
Performs administrative duties by:
· Preparing invoices (photo and content) for submission to accounting and maintains records of payment
· Responding to member requests directly relating to online content
Key qualifications include:
· Bachelor’s degree in Communiciations, Journalism or related field
· A minimum of three years of experience in magazine publishing or online publications required
· Macintosh hardware/software experience required
· SEO experience required
· Drupal system experience preferred
· HTML and/or Web Code experience preferred
· Necessary competencies include: Collaboration and Teamwork, Accountability, Initiative, Customer Focus and Communication Skills
Our Benefits Are What You Would Expect From AAA!
AAA Arizona owes its success to our dedicated employees. That's why we make a conscious effort to offer comprehensive benefits that provide quality care, easy access and affordable coverage. We recognize one of the most important forms of compensation we offer is our benefits for our employees and their families.
Benefits Package Includes:
· Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
· Flexible Spending Account (Medical and Dependent Care)
· 401k plan – Employer matches up to 4% of your contribution and match is Immediately Vested!
· Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
· 3 weeks of Paid Time Off
· 8 Paid Holidays
· 1 Paid Personal Day
· Generous Tuition Reimbursement and Extensive Training Curriculum
· Employee Assistance Program
· Free Basic AAA Membership
· Travel Payroll Deduction - Purchase airline tickets, hotel accommodations, and/or tours through AAA Arizona's Travel Agency by payroll deduction (eligible after one year of continuous employment).
· Eligible employees are eligible for an annual incentive award based on measurements of corporate goals.
Background checks and drug testing are required.
AAA Arizona is Equal Opportunity Employer
|About Our Company
||Whether you are an experienced professional or in the early stages of your career, AAA Arizona is a great place to build and expand your career.
We encourage AAA employees to grasp opportunities for personal development by utilizing our generous tuition assistance program and our extensive training curriculum designed for individual development and professional growth.
By investing in talent and advanced technology, AAA Arizona continues to provide unique products and services of extraordinary value that deliver relevant solutions to our members.
What you can expect from AAA Arizona:
•An environment where innovative ideas are welcome and strategic thinking is encouraged.
•An opportunity for personal development and career advancement.
What we expect from our employees:
•A commitment to AAA Arizona’s vision and success.
•A desire to learn, develop and be the best.