About Our Team:
Knowledge Management (KM) acquires, prepares, and publishes knowledge to assist users of AOL’s products, social media channels and contact centers. KM develops help content for several AOL products, which is distributed via self-service, phone, and live help channels. The team includes authors, editors, engineers, and quality professionals, and operates from Bangalore and Dulles. Our partners include consumer applications, product management, technologies, customer care platforms, contact centers, paid services, legal, and marketing.
1. Research, edit and publish new and existing help articles for use on AOL Properties
2. As needed, interact with customers on our social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) to help them locate answers to their support questions.
3. Monitor the quality / feedback from internal and external customers to identify areas of opportunity / improvement for existing help articles.
4. Author within the established AOL publishing style and "voice" guidelines.
5. Provide additional knowledge "maintenance" duties including SEO, Internal Search Engine Tuning, Article Tagging, localization, dictionary management and other functions as directed.
Requirements for Success:
· Be positive, passionate and enthusiastic about quality of product you deliver on a daily basis
· Maintain superb publishing quality standards.
· Be an excellent self-starter – there is always something to be worked on. Be proactive about working on it!
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Strong PC / MAC / Mobile technical skills
· Outstanding task management / time management skills
You will love this job if you:
· Enjoy seeing your work published.
· Have a passion for helping people your internal and external customers succeed.
· Enjoy a good combination of leadership-directed and self-directed work.
· Have already noticed the spelling / typos and grammatical errors in this job posting,
This role isn’t the best fit for you if:
· You do not like working with tight deadlines
· Struggle with self-directed / proactive work
· Can’t be bothered with the details
Do you want to make the Internet better? We do too. And we’re always looking for people with great ideas. We need free spirits and straight shooters. Creatives and critics. Nerds with nerve. People who love the Internet, but can see its cracks… and future, too. At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.