AOL's Member Mail Operations team is responsible to run one of the largest Mail systems in the United States, supporting millions of users. Mail Operations is a group of cutting-edge application Systems Administrators who are responsible for learning, installing, maintaining, monitoring and scaling applications supporting AOL Mail Systems. If you are looking to gain experience in a large scale Linux environment, look no further. This job will satisfy your hunger for technical research and advancement. We look for people that are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about the AOL mission: to inform, entertain, and connect the world...
As a Senior Systems Administrator at AOL, you’ll share the responsibility of administering 5000+ Linux / Unix systems supporting diverse business applications. In this critical role, you’ll engineer, implement, and support the Anti-Spam systems that stops email abuse against our members. In addition to that, you will also be a key contributor to the automation, management and optimization of our overall infrastructure. As a representative of Mail Operations team, you help collaborate with our business partners to interpret their technology needs and architect solutions to meet the business unit’s objectives.
• Design, install, and manage large scale, high-performance Linux systems.
• Build and configure Centos based physical and virtual servers
• Configure Linux servers to support a variety of Anti-Spam applications.
• Support host/cluster/disaster recovery and ensure continuous availability of business-critical applications.
• Perform infrastructure troubleshooting, resolve issues and document solutions.
• Perform patching, security updates, and make configuration changes to keep the infrastructure secure and reliable.
• Develop scripts and procedures to automate routine processes.
• Participate in infrastructure discussions with business users, provide input and make recommendations on technology issues, negotiate on project timelines and act as the point of contact to support internal users.
• Be a team player and participate in an on-call rotation
• Have fun
Requirements for Success:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
• At least 7-10 years of directly related experience.
• Expertise on Centos is a must.
• Experience with web and application servers like Apache and Tomcat is a must.
• Knowledge of CouchBase memcache technology is highly desirable.
• Solid understanding firewall configurations and Linux file system options is required.
• Experience in using advanced scripting skills; knowledge of automation and monitoring tools.
• Knowledge of relational databases, database appliances, NoSQL databases.
• Excellent customer service skills including written and verbal communications
• Strong interpersonal/communication skills.
• Self-directed, Self-starter and independent problem solver.
• Ability to write detailed scripts in at-least one, preferably two administrative languages.
• Skill in creating and maintaining meaningful documentation.
Do you want to make the Internet better? We do too. And we’re always looking for people with great ideas. We need free spirits and straight shooters. Creatives and critics. Nerds with nerve. People who love the Internet, but can see its cracks… and future, too. At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission: to inform, entertain and connect the world.