|Publication or Company
||Director of Marketing
||401K/403B, Bonuses, Dental, Health
||New York, NY
||Micato Safaris is the world’s leading safari outfitter, voted “World’s Best Tour Operator & Safari Outfitter” by prestigious Travel+Leisure magazine a record nine times. Based in New York City, Micato Safaris operates tours and safaris throughout East Africa, Southern Africa and India, with affiliated offices in Cape Town, Nairobi and Delhi, India. Micato is further renowned for its exceedingly creative marketing and exceptional printed materials. This position reports to the EVP of Marketing and is located in Manhattan.
The Director of Marketing is responsible for the overall execution of the company’s marketing programs and marketing communications projects as follows:
• Facilitates development, design and implementation of compelling advertising, marketing, direct mail and communication vehicles for traditional media, web marketing, social media, website/microsite development.
• Tracks, analyzes and evaluates strategic effectiveness through the utilization of financial metrics such as return-on-investment (ROI) and return-on-objective (ROO).
• Monitors work progress to ensure planned communication/marketing schedule is met.
• Initiates strategic partnerships and alliances.
• Develops trade show concepts and execute them.
• Develops PowerPoint presentations and online training seminars.
• Manages day-to-day relationships with partners and applicable vendors.
• Enhances brand integrity.
Experience & Education
• MBA preferred, or Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or Communications
• 7+ years of luxury marketing experience. Travel industry background preferred but not required.
• Solid printing and mailing production.
• Polished presentation skills.
• Well-travelled, well-educated preferred.
Skills and Abilities
• Advance level MS PowerPoint and Excel.
• Excellent verbal communication and creative writing skills.
• Strong quantitative skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks.
• Commitment to teamwork with creativity and flexibility, good humor and high energy.
• Able to work independently or as part of a team.
• Creativity, innovation and attention to detail.
• Strong customer service ethic.
• Passion for values-led marketing and corporate social responsibility.
• Positive attitude.
• Respect for others.
• High degree of honesty and integrity.
• Sense of humor.