|Publication or Company
||Internet/Online/New Media, Social Media, Web Development, Information Technology
||GENERAL DESCRIPTION & BACKGROUND
The World Bank is transforming its external website into a substantially broader and more strategic channel for sharing information and collaborating with external stakeholders. This includes a focus on openness and creating an interactive dialogue and community-oriented experience for external audiences. A major element of this transformation is a new external web platform reflecting the latest Web 2.0 capabilities and positioning the Bank’s online presence for continued future growth. Generally, the external web is viewed as a strategic asset for the institution with oversight provided by a Web Governance Council (WGC) comprised of senior management across the institution. The Council is supported by a Web Program Office (WPO) which is housed in External Affairs (EXT) – Corporate Communications (EXTCC).
WPO works closely with the Broadcast Unit, also in EXTCC, who has the primary responsibility of using broadcast and emerging multimedia technologies to mobilize support for and engagement in the Bank’s poverty reduction mission and operations.
The UX & Web Business team is part of the Web Program Office (WPO) and has a dual mandate (a) Client Engagement: Manage and guide the transition of World Bank content from the current web to the new web publishing platform. Engage and work with Bank business units (VPUs) to prepare their transition to the new web and ensure that VPU management is aware of, and supports, the transition. Provide training and support to client on the new web CMS. (b) User Experience and Visual Design: Define and implement the future visual identity, information architecture, user experience and online engagement for the World Bank site. Champion principles of usability and user-centered design and ensure that projects are following those principles.
DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
The Broadcast and WPO are looking for a highly motivated and experienced multimedia editor to work on the transition of our video and multimedia products from our current CMS to Adobe Day Communiqué (CQ5). Of primary importance is the migration of video and multimedia assets related to each of the Bank's client countries, as those country websites are individually implemented into the new CMS.
• Gather multimedia/video/photo assets to complete client inventory
• Review submitted multimedia inventory for each client
• Determine list of videos, multimedia and photos based on World Bank multimedia and editorial guidelines
• Editorial recommendations for review of assets
• Suggestions for improvement or retiring of multimedia content according to guidelines
• Provide hands on support and training to web editors and producers on multimedia selection and management
• Develop documentation as needed to support good governance of multimedia products
• Create training videos utilizing Camtasia, including writing tutorial scripts
• Ability to work with a web-based video authoring environment (Kaltura, for example)
• Knowledge of photo selection process
• Help web editors with the transition of content to the new CMS
• Ability to work with Photoshop and Bridge
• Encode Broadcast news stories (using Episode Pro) for web output
• Bachelor’s Degree with 3 to 5 years’ experience as a multimedia editor, web producer or equivalent
• Excellent multimedia production skills including: graphics production (PhotoShop), HTML coding (Dreamweaver), video encoding/compression, video editing skills (Final Cut Pro), Adobe Flash.
• Knowledge of Web CMS
• Strong editorial skills
• Good oral and written communications skills
• Previous experience working with clients as an account manager
• Good work ethic and self-starting attitude, and ability to work well among a team of professionals
• Ability to work capably under stress and juggle multiple tasks within tight deadlines
• Strong diplomatic, interpersonal and teamwork skills; sensitive to working in a multicultural environment