|Publication or Company
||Lonely Planet Publications
||Jr. Corporate Sales Manager
||B2B Publishing, Sales
||401K/403B, Bonuses, Dental, Flexible Hours, Health
||Lonely Planet has an excellent opportunity for a Jr. Corporate Sales Manager to join their dynamic Client Solutions Sales team. The Corporate Sales Manager role will be located in our Lonely Planet office in Oakland, CA.
Reporting to the Senior Corporate Sales Manager, the Jr. CS Manager will focus on supporting the Sr. CS Sales Manager and managing small to mid-size clients to grow revenue. The Jr. CS Manager will help create and brainstorm cross-platform solutions for clients in several industries with a focus on the Tourism industry. The position requires 3 years of sales experience, a high-level of creativity, communications skills, commercial acumen, analytics, lead generation, market research and drive.
Lonely Planet is part of BBC Worldwide, the commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC).
Lonely Planet’s Client Solutions team leverages all of Lonely Planet’s brand, content, and audience on lonelyplanet.com to create marketing and content solutions for our clients.
We license content for clients to utilize across all platforms, and we develop integrated marketing and digital solutions that strategically position our brand and assets alongside our clients’ brands. Our portfolio includes content licensing, custom content creation including video, custom app creation, online and mobile sponsorships and more.
Lonely Planet offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits including 4 weeks’ vacation, 2 weeks sick, employer funded HSA's and 401(k) matching. Lonely Planet is an equal opportunity employer. Visit our website at www.lonelyplanet.com and our Client Solutions website www.lonelyplanet.biz
• Market, prospect, identify, and develop successful deals with the specific goal to generate revenue while promoting the Lonely Planet brand in the Americas through high-profile partnerships.
• Create and deliver creative sales pitches appropriate to each Tourism segment, write and deliver proposals, including the use of financial metrics to price and analyze potential deals.
• Work closely with the BBC Worldwide advertising team to respond to briefs, help scope ideas and feasibility for RFP & RFIs as required in tandem with the Sr. CSM.
• Provide account management relating to new and existing partnerships, always looking for opportunities to expand partnership.
• Assess and report on market trends in the travel industry
• Identify and attend events and conferences that provide maximum ROI for CS.
• Develop extensive knowledge across all Lonely Planet’s products, existing and planned; understand commonly used concepts, best practices, and procedures of Licensing and Partnership Marketing.
• Support the Sr. Corporate Sales Manager through pre-sales preparation, lead generation, create power point decks, excel grids and research.
• 3 – 5 years of sales and/or sales support experience – consultative sales skills
• Comfortable with ambiguity and in rapidly changing industry
• Solid knowledge of creating and selling media and partnership marketing solutions.
• Interest in and knowledge of travel and Lonely Planet
• Ability to juggle many different tasks at one time, including contact lead generation, proposal development and research.
• Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to develop creative concepts.
• Highly motivated, flexible and pragmatic.
• A demonstrated ability to work independently while keeping management and key stakeholders informed at all times.
• An understanding of online, print and wireless media is required
• Interest in emerging content environments, i.e. social media, UGC, wireless technologies.
• Account management, client relations and project management skills.
• Experience in travel, media and/or publishing a plus.
• Highly motivated, flexible and pragmatic.
• Strong knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint, Illustrator a plus
• A sense of humor and a love for challenge; a team player who can also work autonomously and be responsible for individual achievement.
|About Our Company
||Lonely Planet is the world’s leading travel content provider. Started in 1973, we enable curious travelers to experience the world and get to the heart of a place via guides to every destination on the planet, an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products and a dedicated traveler community. Visit us at www.lonelyplanet.com
Lonely Planet offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits including 4 and 5 weeks’ vacation, 2 weeks sick, employer funded HSA's and 401(k) matching. Lonely Planet is an equal opportunity employer. Visit our website at www.lonelyplanet.com and our Client Solutions website www.lonelyplanet.biz