|Publication or Company
||Lonely Planet Publications
||Corporate Sales Manager - NY
||B2B Publishing, Sales
||401K/403B, Bonuses, Dental, Flexible Hours, Health
||New York, NY
||Lonely Planet has an excellent opportunity for a Corporate Sales Manager to join their dynamic Client Solutions Sales team. The Corporate Sales Manager role will be located out of our BBC Worldwide Americas office in New York.
Reporting to the Director, Client Solutions, the experienced Corporate Sales Manager (CSM) is accountable for delivering the agreed upon revenue and margin targets for the Americas market by acquiring and retaining clients. The CS Manager will focus on creative and cross-platform solutions for clients. The position requires strong cross-platform sales experience (5+ years), a high-level of creativity, communications skills, commercial acumen, analytics and drive to find and secure new high-profile partnerships. Experience selling into the financial sector is required.
Lonely Planet is part of BBC Worldwide, the commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC).
Lonely Planet’s Client Solutions team leverages all of Lonely Planet’s brand, content, and audience on lonelyplanet.com to create marketing and content solutions for our clients.
We license content for clients to utilize across all platforms, and we develop integrated marketing and digital solutions that strategically position our brand and assets alongside our clients’ brands. Our portfolio includes content licensing, custom content creation including video, custom app creation, online and mobile sponsorships and more.
Lonely Planet offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits including 5 weeks’ vacation, 2 weeks sick, employer funded HSA's and 401(k) matching. Lonely Planet is an equal opportunity employer. Visit our website at www.lonelyplanet.com and our Client Solutions website www.lonelyplanet.biz
• Market, prospect, identify, develop and close successful deals with the specific goal to generate revenue while promoting the Lonely Planet brand in the Americas through high-profile partnerships.
• Develop and close deals valued from $30,000 to $500,000+.
• Define and implement the best strategies to grow the pipeline.
• Work with Finance and Director of CSto develop accurate forecasts.
• Create and deliver creative sales pitches appropriate to each customer segment, write and deliver proposals, including the use of financial metrics to price and analyze potential deals.
• Provide account management relating to new and existing partnerships, always looking for opportunities to expand partnership. Sales Reps will have post-sales account management support locally and in Melbourne.
• Effectively negotiate favorable business terms for Lonely Planet, working with legal team
• Contribute to continually evolving the business and sales strategy for the Client Solutions team in the Americas.
• Assess and report on market trends.
• Identify and attend events and conferences that provide maximum ROI for CS.
• Ensure that sales activity is consistent with Lonely Planet’s long term strategy and brand goals.
• Develop extensive knowledge across all Lonely Planet’s products, existing and planned; understand commonly used concepts, best practices, and procedures of Licensing and Partnership Marketing.
• Work collaboratively with colleagues at BBC Worldwide in selling advertising solutions.
• Proven track record of closing high revenue deals with high profile brands (5+ years)
• Sales / business development experience – consultative sales skills
• In depth knowledge of creating and selling custom media and partnership marketing solutions
• Strong network amongst senior marketing professionals and, to a lesser degree advertising / digital agencies, especially in the Financial Services industry (banks, credit cards)
• Comfortable with ambiguity and in rapidly changing industry
• Ability to juggle many different tasks at one time, including contact generation, proposal development and contract negotiation.
• Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills: client ready.
• Demonstrated ability to develop creative concepts as well as creative deal structures. Comfortable with new business models i.e. ad models, royalties etc.
• Contract negotiation experience
• Highly motivated, flexible and pragmatic.
• Ability to objectively evaluate deals based on analytics.
|About Our Company
||Lonely Planet is the world’s leading travel content provider. Started in 1973, we enable curious travelers to experience the world and get to the heart of a place via guides to every destination on the planet, an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products and a dedicated traveler community. Visit us at www.lonelyplanet.com
Lonely Planet offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits including 4 and 5 weeks’ vacation, 2 weeks sick, employer funded HSA's and 401(k) matching. Lonely Planet is an equal opportunity employer. Visit our website at www.lonelyplanet.com and our Client Solutions website www.lonelyplanet.biz