|Publication or Company
||Reader's Digest Association, Milwaukee Offices
||Senior Online Producer - Taste of Home
||Internet/Online/New Media, Magazine Publishing, Social Media
||401K/403B, Dental, Health
||NOTE when applying: Click the apply now button below; once you are at the RDA careers page, click on the link for RDA iRecruitment Visitor Home Page and search in keywords for "IRC6833".
Taste of Home Magazine is looking for a seasoned, Senior Online Producer to join its Digital team. This is a new position created to help our growing business scale quickly and efficiently. The position will work closely with the Online Editor, Digital Executive Editor as well as cross functional teams to hit digital goals for traffic, user acquisition, revenue, consumer marketing sales, and advertising programs.
This is a unique, hybrid role focused on curating content packages and pages for the website, app and newsletters, as well as producing our social media content, managing the digital content calendar and ensuring editorial deliverables hit their deadlines. This is a full-time, onsite position in our Greendale, WI office. As is the nature of digital and social media, it is expected that this role will need to check in periodically after hours, on weekends and holidays to monitor platforms and respond to critical needs.
- Create, curate and QA content on site and in newsletters
- Liaise with various stakeholders to brainstorm digital extensions of key programs
- Track SEO, leverage and optimize SEO opportunities
- Produce social media content, contests and engage social media community
- Schedule and manage active social media calendar and assets
- Serve as traffic cop and coordinator; ensure editorial deliverables hit deadlines and produce that content on site and in newsletters
- Give QA signoff on content and ensure quality of content before it is pushed live
- Leverage site and newsletter metrics to inform new strategies and recommendations
- Help maintain timely refreshes and new page /feature launches
- Upload, schedule, and produce video playlists
- Help plan/build/execute new features on the site
- Work with Online Editor, Executive Editor, Analytics to improve newsletter content and metrics
- Maintain newsletter and social media reports, translate those reports into actionable ideas
- 5+ years digital editorial experience as a writer/editor/producer
- Previous experience creating content to optimize SEO value
- Experience using Google Keyword Tool and other SEO tracking tools
- Experience programming and uploading video to various channels / creating video playlists
- Experience creating and executing daily blog posts, pins, tweets, Instagram uploads, and more
- Experience with social media scheduling programs
- Experience running promotions and contests through social media platforms
- Success as diplomatic solutions provider
- Exceptional communication skills and positive, solutions-oriented thinking
- Ability to manage, coordinate and hit multiple, competing deadlines
- Experience managing editors, writers or content producers
- Strong leadership; shepherding projects through ideation through completion
- Positive, can-do attitude that is focused on improving the site and business
- Proven track record of owning and delivering high-quality, best-of-breed ideas and projects
- Experience planning, maintaining and executing annual and seasonal content plans
- Exceptional judgment, eye for detail and commitment to editorial excellence
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Exceptional copy editing and QA skills
- Familiarity with PhotoShop, Dreamweaver and various content management systems
- Degree in journalism
- Experience working in consumer-facing food, recipe or lifestyle content
- Strong interest and experience in SEO best-practices highly desired
|About Our Company
||We are a leading global, multi-brand and multi-platform media and direct marketing company that educates, entertains and connects audiences around the world. We are dedicated to providing our customers with the inspiration, ideas and tools to simplify and enrich their lives.
We operate our businesses in two divisions: North America and International, and provide expertly curated/created content to more than 140 million consumers in 78 countries and 21 languages through multiple media platforms, including print, online, digital download, books and home entertainment products, and social media.
We use a customer-centric, affinity-driven business model to build relationships and engage our audience around categories such as health, cooking, gardening and travel. Through trusted partners and expert sourcing, we co-brand, market and sell other consumer goods and financial services.