|Publication or Company
||Major Publication Company
||Chicago Ad Sales Manager
||Advertising Agency, Internet/Online/New Media, Magazine Publishing, Newspapers, Sales/Advertising Sales
||401K/403B, Dental, Health
||This position requires the ability to analyze industry/client data to develop solutions and create presentations for new and existing clients that have multiple locations across a given category or region.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Achieve monthly and annual revenue goals by selling multi-media advertising products to new and existing clients.
• Manage, retain and grow existing business by cultivating relationships with regional and national accounts.
• Develops and implements sales strategy for increasing revenue by conducting in-person and telephone sales calls.
• Sells full portfolio of products by targeting appropriate customers for growth, making sales presentations, and closing sales for multi-media advertising products.
• Supports the National Sales Team to achieve overall sales efforts by covering other accounts when requested.
• Interacts with Client Solutions and Pricing and Planning Group to develop advertising solutions including spec ads and campaign proposals for current and prospective customers by identifying their needs and creating a plan that demonstrates how Gannett products can meet their needs.
• Prepares and develops customized sales presentations by researching customer needs and translating those needs into multi-media advertising plan for the client.
• Demonstrated proficiency at delivering effective and targeted sales presentations.
• Researches appropriate media information to include in telephone sales presentations by working with Client Solutions to gather statistics on market-share, demographics, and advertising effectiveness from appropriate sources including: Scarborough, Nielson, CRM, etc.
• Creates quarterly and annual sales plan that outlines how the revenue goal will be achieved, and revenue gaps closed.
• Creates weekly sales forecast that are an accurate representation of entire territory list.
• Initiates and takes primary responsibility for resolving client related problems that may occur by serving as a liaison between the agency, client and Gannett National Sales.
• Ensures that the Gannett policies (e.g., credit, billing contracts etc) are adhered to.
• Gathers customer feedback and information to facilitate discussions and development of new products and new selling opportunities.
• Communicates contract performance quarterly and provides recommendations when a shortfall is imminent.
• Ensures that sales are accurately recorded by completing reports on time, and maintaining accurate records in Salesforce.com
• Provides Month-End Report by the requested deadline.
• Builds effective communication channels proactively within the department and other Gannett departments by establishing relationships with sales support, peers and colleagues, and all community newspapers.
• Maintains and improves on professional knowledge, technical knowledge, and sales skills by attending training sessions and weekly sales staff meetings.
• Maintains and improves on professional and technical knowledge by attending externally offered training sessions.
• Increases and maintains knowledge of industry by researching and analyzing industry trends as well as understanding and using current ABC Audit Reports.
• Increases segment knowledge by keeping abreast of appropriate trade communications and contemporary writings.
• Demonstrates a complete knowledge of administrative policies and operating procedures by reviewing standards and updates as needed.
• Bachelors Degree AND one to two years related experience and/or training OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Specific digital sales experience with the ability to sell integrated campaigns.
• Specific industry knowledge of assigned categories, media, market information.
• Ability to demonstrate professional interpersonal skills with internal and external customers.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of company information.
• Ability to adhere to company policies and department standard operating procedures (define any standards of performance), along with applicable laws and regulations.
• Ability to prepare reports accurately and within time deadlines.
• Excellent organizational skills. Ability to coordinate several tasks simultaneously within a fast paced environment.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Professional presentation and/or facilitation skills.
• Proficiency using personal computer or Macintosh, with specific knowledge of word processing, CRM tools, spreadsheet, database, and/or graphics software and sales support software.
• Excellent customer service orientation. Ability to respond positively to customer questions, comments and complaints.
• Excellent recordkeeping skills. Ability to maintain appropriate reports, records and files.
• Ability to work independently.
|About Our Company
To manage, retain and grow advertising revenue across company's portfolio of products with National and Regional accounts. The position requires expertise in digital sales, and the ability to sell integrated advertising campaigns that incorporate digital, mobile, tablet and print. This position requires travel at least 50% of the time.