|Publication or Company
||Social Marketing Specialist- Audience Development
||401K/403B, Bonuses, Dental, Health
||AOL is looking to bring in a Social Media Specialist on our Audience Development team to be responsible for social media strategy management and execution to grow social referral traffic and create AOL media brand advocates.
The Audience Development team is a fast-paced and highly capable team that houses expertise across all key levers of traffic growth and retention – SEO, Social, Paid Acquisition, Traffic Exchanges, Newsletters, etc. The team collaborates with AOL’s entire portfolio of Internet leading brands like AOL.com, The Huffington Post, Patch, TechCrunch, Stylelist, etc. to help them build and engage new users to their sites in a cost effective, ROI positive manner. We monitor performance, drive improvements, and share best practices to show measurable gains in audience across the AOL Network.
• Manages social media strategies in partnership with leaders across AOL’s portfolio of brands to grow external entries from all social media channels.
• Provide content and monitoring to key social media outlets, as well as providing measurement and feedback for social media strategy.
• Continually evolve social media activation by keeping AOL on the forefront of applying ew technologies.
• Develop and deliver social training programs to internal resources across AOL and share best practices between brands.
• Regular reporting of performance on social traffic metrics to key stakeholders.
• Social vendor management and contract review. Budget management.
• Providing assistance for SEO projects as needed and look for synergies between Social and SEO as well as other traffic levers.
• 2-5 years marketing, communications, SEO, or related experience required
• Working for media sites across multiple verticals a plus
• Online community management experience
• Expertise/power-user on variety of social media platforms, including Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, Klout/Traackr, Pinterest, Foursquare, etc.
• Experience managing external agencies/vendors.
• Familiarity with social media tracking and publishing tools (bit.ly, Facebook Insights, BackType, CoTweet, Hootsuite) and general analytics platforms (Omniture, Google Analytics) extremely helpful.
•Expertise in using Social CRM, monitoring platforms (Buddy Media, Syncapse, Radien6), general content publishing platforms, and OVPs.
•Familiarity with SEO tools (Raven, SEOmoz, IIS, ScreamingFrog, etc) a plus.
•Must have deep industry publisher and social network contacts.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, communications or marketing, or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
• Strong project management skills and a track record of building relationships across large organizations. Position will require ability to coordinate across dozens of brands and work with teams across product, technology, marketing, sales, etc. in leading everyone to a single goal.
• Strong sense of professionalism & judgment in response to issues in the public social media space
• Strong organizational, time management, and attention to detail skills.
• Knowledge of general business, marketing and advertising principles/practices
• Solid communication skills, both verbal and written, and interpersonal skills.
• Comfortable working with significant complexity and ambiguity while under challenging deadlines.
• A problem solver, a self-starter, and a leader by nature. Ability to think strategically and articulate a tactical plan of action to achieving goals.
|About Our Company
At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.
AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.