|Publication or Company
||The Globe Newspapers, Inc
||Content Producer Job
||Internet/Online/New Media, Newspapers
The Boston Globe's Boston.com - among the top regional news, entertainment and sports websites in the country - is seeking an innovative producer who can join our team of digital journalists. Become part of New England’s most creative team of online professionals who serve the readers of Greater Boston as you develop our growing network of hyperlocal news and information sites. You will also work closely with members of the Globe’s local news-gathering staff, covering communities in and around Boston.
This position requires someone with solid writing and reporting skills, experience with digital curation and content creation, a background of developing creative and compelling online features, and organizational and planning skills. The ideal candidate will also be technically savvy, can work well in teams, and keep up with the latest events in Greater Boston. You should understand local news and be ready to develop new strategies to present it.
- Build content and produce Boston.com’s Your Town section and Your Campus section.
- Curate and create content to make the section a one-stop, must-read source for information about local news and information in the Boston area.
- Create original content, including slide shows, polls, user-generated callouts, live chats, etc., and repackage and re-imagine stories from Globe’s regional sections.
- Participate collaboratively with Globe print editors and counterparts to develop features and special projects.
- Communicate with news staff to pitch stories and features for homepage promotion.
- Brainstorm and execute video, audio, and other multimedia projects to enhance the experience within the section.
- Know and adhere to newsroom’s ethics policy.
- Collaborate with developers, graphics, and design to develop new content and treatments.
- Set up, promote, and host chats with various experts and newsmakers.
- Monitor competitors and other sources to ensure that readers get timely news and information.
- Post and interact with readers using Boston.com social media. Ideal candidate will be well-versed in best strategies of engagement using social media.
- Create special sections or content as assigned and work collaboratively with stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three to five years journalism experience, with at least two years in digital media.
- Solid writing and reporting skills for a digital publication.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Web content management systems, and other digital technologies.
- Basic HTML
- Working knowledge of SEO strategies and techniques
- Additional desirable, but not required, qualifications
- Ability to shoot, edit, and post video on the Web.
- Familiarity with Greater Boston.
- Basic Web programming skills.
- Experience with photography
The Boston Globe is wholly owned by the New York Times Company (NYSE: NYT), a leading, global multimedia news and information company with 2011 revenues of $2.3 billion, that includes The New York Times, the International Herald Tribune, The Boston Globe, NYTimes.com, BostonGlobe.com, Boston.com, and related properties. The Company's core purpose is to enhance society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news, information and entertainment.
Boston.com is one of the most visited regional portals in the U.S. and is wholly owned by The New York Times Company, a leading global, multimedia news and information company with 2011 revenues of $2.3 billion, that includes The New York Times, the International Herald Tribune, The Boston Globe, NYTimes.com, BostonGlobe.com, Boston.com, About.com and related properties. The Company's core purpose is to enhance society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news, information and entertainment.
EEO Statement: The Boston Globe is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. The Boston Globe is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.