|Publication or Company
||Digital Ad Director - Golf Digest
||Internet/Online/New Media, Magazine Publishing, Sales/Advertising Sales, Printing & Publishing
||New York, NY
||Conde Nast is renowned for provocative, influential, award winning content-across brands, across platforms, and across continents. We’re committed to attracting new talent to keep us at the top of our business. If you are looking to be part of a culture of excellence marked by journalistic integrity and superior design, we invite you to explore this career opportunity and see how your talent and aspirations might fit within Conde Nast.
Digital Ad Director
Advertising / Golf Digest
Conde Nast seeks a Digital Ad Director for a full-time staff position.
The Digital Ad Director is responsible for the development and monetization of online and mobile digital media sales for the Golf Digest Properties. The primary focus will be oversight of direct selling to digital media buying agencies, advertising agencies or direct client advertisers. This person will also be actively involved in the preparation of sales proposals, as well as, coordinating the proper implementation and management of all phases of the sales lifecycle from proposal to collections.
Strong strategic skills are important, as the director needs to provide alternative solutions to senior management on pending issues relative to client relationship, budget attainment, goals, and business opportunities.
- 35% Direct Sales: Will need to develop direct selling relationships with key digital buyers and influencers on a national level
- 30% Sales Oversight: Oversee sales initiatives and team growth so that revenues are delivered in line with expectations
- 20% Day-to-day Sales Maintenance: manage key client relationships, including but not limited to, development of presentations and proposal oversight
- 15% Strategic Planning and Sales Operation Guidance: provide recommendations based on insights that are gained from their practical client insights that will aid in the development of new offers and propositions that will grow revenue and exploit the full leverage of the SPT portfolio properties and partnerships
- Identification of Agency/Client Prospects: Current and active knowledge of key prospects and critical players at agency and client, as well as, key agency accounts. Client product characteristics, launches and marketing strategy, promotions. Key markets and budgets.
- Proficient Understanding of the Digital Ad Sales space: The director must have expert knowledge of the industry, competitors and marketplace offer.
- Knowledge of the Sales Process: This area includes the ability to present, perform client needed analysis, handle objections, control the sales process, forecast accurately and implement the necessary changes to their sales strategy in order to attain their budgets.
- A proven track record in getting to key digital decision makers at senior levels of partners
- Effective sales skills, negotiation techniques and superior communication skills, which are essential to the job
- A proven ability to plan, develop and implement sales strategies that produce results
- Excellent presentation, communication and organizational skills
- Strong Team player
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build effective relationships
- Ability to prioritize effectively and efficiently
Conde Nast is home to some of the world’s most celebrated media brands. In the United States, Conde Nast publishes 18 consumer magazines, four business-to-business publications, 27 websites, and more than 50 apps for mobile and tablet devices, all of which define excellence in their categories. The company also owns Fairchild Fashion Media (FFM), whose portfolio of brands serves as the leading source of news and analysis for the global fashion community. Conde Nast has won more National Magazine Awards over the past ten years than all of its competitors combined. Visit CondeNast.com and follow us on Twitter @CondeNastCorp and @CondeNastCareer.
Conde Nast is an equal opportunity workplace.
Duties and responsibilities may be adjusted based on years of experience.
Salary is also commensurate with experience.
|About Our Company
||Condé Nast, a division of Advance Publications, operates in 25 countries. In the United States, Condé Nast publishes 18 consumer magazines, two trade publications and 27 websites that garner international acclaim and unparalleled consumer engagement.
To explore a career with Condé Nast, please visit www.condenastcareers.com to view opportunities, complete a profile and upload your resume.
Condé Nast offers a comprehensive benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer.