|Publication or Company
||Global Publishing Company
||Ad Sales Operations Coordinator
||Advertising Agency, Book Publishing, Internet/Online/New Media, Other Publishing, Sales/Advertising Sales, Ad Trafficking
||New York, NY
||Global Publishing Company located in midtown seeks an Advertising Sales Operations Coordinator for an immediate long term temp position.
• Orders must be entered in the ad tracking system within 72 hours, unless the order is received day of comp due date, in which it must be entered ASAP.
• Online-only orders must be processed within two hours; P+E orders must be entered within 72 hours max.
• Double-check for late insertion orders near closing; update and refresh ad ledger prior to sending to comp.
• Review ad design specifications; preflight to compositor or printer, as needed. Coordinator is expected to contact client or agency if creatives do not meet requirements.
• Double-check that all ads and IOs are accounted for in the ad ledger. Review IOs against ad ledger. Check to make sure all faxes/emails are accounted for.
• Check schedule for submission of recruitment/classified ad materials to compositor.
• A thorough and timely review of page proofs from the compositor. Make sure to check review approval date at the bottom of the Fry Comp email. Review printer proofs using InSite, average time to approve and make corrections is three hours. Proofreading against the original client documents and finalized compositor proofs is required, or send to client for approval.
• Billing: order reports must be reviewed for SOX compliance and approved for billing at InSite approval. Neat and easily accessible files with all required SOX elements is a priority. Missing or incomplete insertion orders must be reconciled prior to billing.
• A library of journals must be kept on site to support various accounts receivables requests. All account receivables actions must be filed with original insertion orders for accounting review and easy retrieval for sales rep.
• Accurate and timely journal email renewals.
• Posts online classified ads on job board sites, as a high-priority task. Additional administrator responsibilities for every client posted is expected, and client inquiries must be resolved immediately.
• Emails / Faxes / Snail mails media kits.
• Back up sales rep when the sales rep leader is absent, for customer inquiries, sales pitches, and closings.
• Immediate review of digital insertion orders with follow through communication to the digital campaign management team.
• Attain ad approvals from publishers in a timely manner.
• Troubleshoot issues that may occur while the campaigns are in progress.
• Manage ad campaign progress and provide weekly or monthly reports to sales rep and sales manager.
• Create metrics reports for the sales team, providing customized reports for sales reps and managers.
• Maintain sales documents, like insertion orders and follow up emails, and make sure that the latest/greatest communications have been shared with sales and campaign management teams.
• Enter orders for billing at the completion of each campaign cycle.
• Bachelor's degree
• 1-3 year's work experience with a publishing or communications/multi-media, company
• Team Player
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Knowledge of MS products: Word, Outlook, Explorer, Excel . . .
• Detail oriented
• Capable of working independently
• Commitment to customer support
The hourly wage for this role is $20 per hour.