|Publication or Company
||All Things Media, LLC
||Director of Human Resources
||Advertising Agency, Book Publishing, Conferences/Events, Corporate/Institutional/Technical Writing, Entertainment, Graphic Design/Art Direction, Internet/Online/New Media, Magazine Publishing, Mobile, Other Publishing, Photography, Public Relations, Radio, Sales/Advertising Sales, Social App Gaming, Social Media, Teaching/Academia, TV/Cable, Web Development, Multimedia Company
||401K/403B, Bonuses, Dental, Health
- Bachelorís degree (or higher) in Business or any related HR field.
- 5+ years of supervisory HR experience with knowledge of recruitment, benefits, compensation, employee relations and training.
- A proficient understanding of employment laws and regulations, labor relations, compensation and benefits, performance management, recruitment, budget management, effective leadership skills, and labor laws of NY, NJ, PA, and CA.
- Strong communication skills required, both written and oral.
- Working knowledge of and or implementation of human resources information systems and applications.
- Proficiency with applicable computer programs is essential, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must possess a positive attitude, be customer service focused, and be able to work well with others in a team environment.
Certification / Licensure
- A valid driverís license.
- Professional certification and or advanced degree in the area of human resources and/or labor relations a plus.
- Consideration given to Master Human Resources Management (MHRM), Master of Business Administration (MBA), Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR), or Professional Human Resources.
Assists Office Manager(s)
- Works closely with the Office Manager(s) with payroll to design and plan department budgets and manage available resources to effectively reach human resource department goals.
- Assists in the administration of employee performance reviews.
- Responsible for the set up and maintenance of employee files and keeps history of status changes.
|About Our Company
- Responsible for the non-instructional recruitment and selection of employees and assures compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Assists Director and Producer with casting for live productions and communication with casting agencies.
- Recruits, interviews, and refers qualified applicants to hiring. Conducts background checks and confers with managers on applicants work history.
- Responsible for providing training and development programs and opportunities for employees.
- Implement and manage a variety of employee human resource programs and events, including, but not limited to orientation, recognition, and wellness.
- Conducts new employee orientation program and follow-up.
- Assists in the development and coordination of continuing education for the studio based upon needs.
Employee & Benefits Management
- Acts as liaison for employee benefits and coordinates employee benefit enrollments and changes and answers benefit questions as needed.
- Administers compensation program and acts as liaison on compensation issues with corporate staff
- Responsible for and/or assists with the investigation and resolution of complaints and/or grievances from and/or related to the employment of studio employees.
- Provides advice and counsel to senior executives, managers and supervisors regarding organization design and job structure and employee and labor relations matters and protocol.
- Ensures that all subordinates maintain responsive and proactive methods of service and excellent working relationships with studio employees.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of studio policy and programs related to human resource matters.
- Provides support and guidance on employee relations issues for managers and provides consultation for employee disciplinary matters.
- Develops programs to enhance the morale, productivity and other work life issues.