|Publication or Company
||Multimedia Consumer Health Writer
||Internet/Online/New Media, Health
||401K/403B, Bonuses, Dental, Health
||Who you are
• You have a strong interest, if not passion, to teach people about health in plain,
• You’re a born communicator/writer with strong writing, editing, and proofreading
• You can put yourself in a patient’s shoes (or gown) and empathize with their
• You can think visually and are eager to collaborate with medical illustrators and
• You have strong interviewing skills, can work with physician advisors, sift
through information, think on your feet, and know when to dig for more
• You’re a health news junkie and love to geek out about health and medicine.
• You can both give and receive honest, constructive feedback.
• You can work on multiple projects without getting dizzy and disoriented.
• You’re comfortable with technology and willing to learn how to use a variety of
• Creating content that makes a difference in people’s lives is more important to
you than a byline.
• You get the gist – you have solid writing/editing chops and health/medicine is
• You live in the Chicago area.
• You want to work full time and onsite at our offices in Chicago.
• You’re a good fit for our group.
• Writing experience in consumer health, patient education, science writing,
online content, or instructional design is great, but if you’re a great writer with
a true interest in health, you qualify.
• BA/BS degree in English/writing, instructional design, communications,
journalism, public health, or nursing, etc. – and an MA, MPH or any other
masters degree is great.
|About Our Company
||Who we are:
Emmi Solutions creates innovative, multimedia programs to help people make sense of complicated medical information and health decisions. These programs are prescribed to patients by doctors, hospitals, and healthcare plans. After watching an Emmi program, people have a good sense of what to expect, feel more confident, have better conversations with their doctors, and are less stressed out and overwhelmed. Get a sense of what we do -- check out our 5 minute demo at: www.emmisolutions.com
• Help keep our current program library up to date. It’s a great way to learn what we do and what our content challenges are.
• Research, develop, and write multimedia health programs. Think screenplay, not website.
• Work with external physician advisors and patients.
• Work closely with the editorial director, writers, and voice talent to edit scripts for flow, voice, health literacy, accuracy, understanding, and performance.
• Collaborate with medical illustrator and artists to make scripts work with high-impact visuals.
• You may help create shared decision making programs, phone/IVR messages for health campaigns, or short programs to help people understand a clinical trial.
• Learn to use a random assortment of tools and programs to generate multimedia content and edit audio files, etc.