| Marketing Manager - Beverly, MA
|Publication or Company
||Aurum Publishing Group, Quayside Distribution Serv
||Marketing Manager - Beverly, MA
||Book Publishing, Marketing
||401K/403B, Dental, Health
||We are seeking a collaborative, creative, and organized marketing manager to drive sales and build an audience for books from a range of imprints in our Beverly, MA office. He or she should demonstrate skill with illustrated and non-illustrated non-fiction, enthusiast community marketing, social media marketing and publicity, author profile raising, trade show and online media events, as well as traditional marketing methods such as publicity and advertising. A collaborative leader, he or she should be strong in setting marketing strategy in partnership with publishers and other marketers, and coordinating and channeling marketing through list marketing colleagues. The marketing manager should work in partnership with the publishing and sales teams to set marketing strategy and strategic marketing partnerships from the onset of a book project, and creatively envision a unique marketing strategy that optimizes each title. The candidate should be an excellent communicator, providing ongoing reporting and feedback to publishing stakeholders internationally.
Candidates are encouraged to offer examples of related campaigns and results they have designed and implemented.
1. For the Aurum Publishing Group and Quayside Distribution Services (QDS) lists, serve as the primary conduit and contact point for all issues related to the marketing, sales, and distribution of these titles in North America.
2. Create, lead and communicate the marketing strategy for the Aurum Publishing Group, and QDS lists in North America, coordinating the execution of the strategy with an appropriate list marketing manager, if available, or directly executing the strategy yourself, if needed.
3. Create and execute marketing plans with specific goals for individual titles and overall lists. These plans shall be designed to generate sales, build brand awareness, and maximize exposure to the target audience through online, print, broadcast, and other channels.
4. Where requested, work in partnership with the Publishers, Editors and Authors from the proposal stage of the books to provide market research and feedback, build promotional partnerships and strategies as part of the publishing process, and maximize marketing opportunities as part of the publishing strategy of the book.
5. Work with Director of Marketing and serve as a member of the marketing team to develop shared best practice for Quayside, setting up tools and resources for a range of marketing strategies to be used across all subject areas and imprints as appropriate.
6. Set and meet annual plans and marketing budgets for the lists.
7. Develop creative and strategic initiatives to expand the online presence of our products, authors, and brands in social media and other enthusiast-based communities, and maintain a thorough network of contacts within the relevant subject areas, or coordinate with appropriate subject list marketer to do so.
8. Hold weekly marketing meetings with the Publishing and Sales teams for your subject areas to present plans, progress, and gather feedback and to collaboratively develop ongoing plans for the lists.
9. Hold regular check ins with top authors of the front list where appropriate, coaching, directing, and integrating their promotional activities with those being executed in house.
10. Outreach to—or coordinate with appropriate subject list marketer to outreach to—enthusiast groups, organizations, and companies of related products to promote our books and lay the groundwork for special and bulk sales.
11. Where necessary, produce press releases and media kits, write advertising copy, produce short promotional videos, and maintain social-media and related sites with news and supplemental marketing content.
12. Where necessary, arrange for author interviews, excerpts, and reviews in print, broadcast, and online media and coordinate author events and book signings.
13. Organize mailings of review copies and supporting material, arrange for production and mailing of bound galleys, and maintain a detailed and well-organized database of contacts and mailings.
14. Research, negotiate with, and manage outside freelance marketing resources as needed.
15. Analyze and report on the results of marketing initiatives and their impact on sales on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis, as appropriate.
16. Manage budgets, schedules, and priorities in support of these initiatives, taking into account the appropriate level of resources, target audience, type of media, materials, and associated events.
17. Communicate regularly to the company on marketing initiatives, developments, and accomplishments.
18. Work with National Account and Specialty Sales Reps to ensure customers are informed of publicity and marketing activity that might support sales efforts in the various channels, and partner with them to provide marketing materials that may aid their sales strategies.
1. Highly creative with an ability to conceive of new and innovative approaches to marketing.
2. Superior written and verbal communication skills.
3. Strong ability to work collaboratively and in partnership with Publishing, Sales, and Authors.
4. Highly organized and detail-oriented, with time-management and multi-tasking skills, and ability to set and meet deadlines and budgets.
5. Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills.
6. Thorough knowledge of media, public relations, and publicity organizations and/or book publishing.
7. Self-starter with ability to follow through and execute efficiently.
8. Willingness to learn and adapt as job and/or organization changes.
9. Understanding of and appreciation for enthusiasts and enthusiast publishing.
10. Computer skills, including familiarity with spreadsheets, word processing, database, and desktop publishing programs.
11. Willingness to travel to trade shows, conventions and sales meetings as needed, including internationally.
• 3+ years experience in marketing of enthusiast or consumer-based products.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communication, or business.
Quayside Publishing Group offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package and 401k with company match.
Full time benefit offerings may include:
Paid Sick Time
Personal Time Off
Voluntary Life Insurance
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Flexible Spending Plans (Health, Dependent Care)
|About Our Company
||Quayside (pronounced keyside) Publishing Group represents a dynamic group of imprints dedicated to providing quality print- and E-Books to its readers. Formed in 2004 upon Rockport Publishers acquisition of Creative Publishing international, the Quayside Publishing Group now encompasses Cool Springs Press, Creative Publishing international, Fair Winds Press, Motorbooks, MVP Books, Quarry Books, Quayside Distribution Services, Quiver, Rockport Publishers, Voyageur Press, Zenith Press and Walter Foster Publishing.
|Return to job listings page