|Publication or Company
||SVP-Sales and Marketing
||B2B Publishing, Internet/Online/New Media, Magazine Publishing, Other Publishing, Sales/Advertising Sales, Media Executive
||401K/403B, Dental, Health
The role of the SVP- Sales and Marketing is to provide corporate leadership, organizational structure and processes enabling the organization to achieve strategic sales and marketing goals.
This position will plan, coordinate, and direct sales and marketing procedures, as well as provide the operational direction to achieving those goals. The Corporate VP- Sales & Marketing must be able to perform and enjoy both the management and individual contributor roles of the position. Reporting directly to the CEO and President, this individual will make a significant contribution to the overall profitability and growth of the company. The VP will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support sales and marketing processes.
• Improve the effectiveness of the sales organization and enhance productivity, efficiency and customer satisfaction.
• Create and execute the sales department go-to-market strategies to achieve business objectives.
• Provide leadership and coordination of company sales functions.
• Develop expanded business development opportunities with channel partners and strategic alliances.
• Participate with senior management in developing and implementing sales strategies.
• Determine, manage and monitor the department key sales pipeline and performance indicators with goals.
• Assist with complex sales negotiations, attends sales presentations and helps close sales deals.
• Assist with the development of sales proposals and RFPs.
• Develop and coordinate sales cycle and methodology.
• Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of marketing, methods, costs, and results.
• Represent the company at various community and/or business meetings to promote the company.
• Hire, supervise, develop and mentor sales team.
The successful candidate will have:
Candidate must have a minimum of ten years of sales and marketing management experience. Experience in media and digital is a must, multi product preferred.
Qualified candidate must have proven experience in product development of profitable programs, and experience in management of sales and marketing staff.
Demonstrated history of job progression and management responsibility
Strong analytical skills and excellent oral and written communication skills;
Excellent problem solving capability;
Demonstrated ability to think strategically and act tactically;
Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure environments,
Strong influencing, negotiation and relationship building skills,
Ability to interface internally and externally And proven resource and team management and development skills.
Outstanding leadership, communication and interpersonal skills. Expertise in selling strategies and methodologies, strategic planning and execution, and employee motivation techniques. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality sales within tight time frames and simultaneously manage several projects. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
|About Our Company
||travAlliancemedia, LLC is the industry leader with cutting-edge media, education and relationship marketing, and consumer engagement products that connect leisure travel brands to agents and millions of their customers. Our product portfolio,TravelPulse.com, Vacation Agent magazine, Agent@Home magazine, Travel Agent Academy, Virtual Travel Events, Travel Tribe, and Agent Studio, are examples of the innovations we have brought to the travel trade media landscape with unique print and online products targeting the $100 billion travel agent channel
We are growing rapidly and constantly launching new products.
Our clients represent the top travel suppliers and destinations around the world.