Associate Editor Behavioral Science
Taylor & Francis, a leading international academic publisher in Old City Philadelphia, is currently seeking a Associate Editor, Behavioral Science in the Social Science & Humanities Department.
The Associate Editor, Behavioral Science is responsible for managing team of one (1) Managing Editor and one (1) Editorial Assistant. This individual reports to Publisher, Social Science & Humanities Journals Programand works in conjunction with an Acquisitions Editor (US) and an Editorial Director (non-US).
Summary of Duties:
- Manage approx. thirty-six (36) academic journal publications (both proprietary and society-owned) in the area of Behavioral Sciences
- Managing and creating P&Ls for journals
- Provide revenue growth through acquisitions and development
of new journals
- Experience acquiring/starting new journals for societies is preferred
- Travel roughly seven (7) times annually (domestic) to conferences and clients
- Familiarity with Behavioral Science area is preferred
- College degree
- Minimum of three to four to five (4-5) years journal editorial management and acquisition experience is required
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Possession of strong communication and organizational skills is key.
In order to be considered, applicants must provide cover letter, resume, and salary history/requirements.
Please email resumes and cover letters to:
firstname.lastname@example.org (No calls please)