|Publication or Company
||Content Marketing and Media Relations Manager
||Internet/Online/New Media, Public Relations, New York
||Dental, Health, Stock/Options
||New York, NY
||About the Opportunity:
STELLAService, a venture-backed business headquartered in the Flatiron district of New York City, is looking for a content marketing and media relations manager. This position will be equal parts content strategy and media relations. STELLAService collects data on the customer service performance of top retailers and can leverage that data to produce content that’s meaningful to both consumer and B2B audiences. Your top priority will be press outreach and syndication for stories produced by our team of
Ideal candidates will have a passion for creating, packaging, distributing and managing content across, print, online, television and social channels. This full-time position is an opportunity to think creatively and aggressively about content marketing that drives both consumer awareness and sales.
• Creation of customer service industry commentary, infographics, shopper testimonials, video content and data-driven articles aimed at educating customer service practitioners and helping consumers make better buying decisions.
• Assist with the management of Happy Customer, STELLAService’s publication for customer service practitioners. This includes maintaining an editorial calendar and posting schedule, coordinating with a team of freelance writers, editing and thoughtfully shaping Happy Customer content for its target audience.
• Execution of distribution strategy that results in news coverage, social shares and thought leadership opportunities for STELLAService. This will include an ongoing effort to secure syndication partnerships for STELLAService’s original content.
• Coordinate media requests for comment or STELLAService data, research press and speaking opportunities for STELLAService executives.
• Orchestrate our presence at events and conferences like Internet Retailer and Shop.org.
• At least 3 years of experience developing or distributing content
• Big book of press contacts
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Strong understanding of the pitch process and proven success placing stories with media outlets
• Ability to skillfully prioritize a diverse workload
• High energy; enthusiastic, positive attitude
• Strategic thinker
• Intellectual curiosity
• Creative thinker
Nice to have:
• Working knowledge of Excel, Wordpress
• Experience with photo/video editing and design programs
• Journalism background
• Generous stock options, full insurance benefits, phone/gym stipend
|About Our Company
Dedicated to helping consumers make more informed online shopping decisions, STELLAService is the first and only independent provider of customer service ratings for online retailers. Using its proprietary, rigorous evaluation system, STELLAService rates thousands of retailers each year across a broad array of criteria, including usability and online tools, shipping and returns and customer support. To maintain its independence and objectivity, STELLAService pays for all products it purchases and relies on its staff of trained, full-time customer experience analysts to test the companies it evaluates. STELLAService’s data has been featured in outlets from the Wall Street Journal and The Economist to Glamour and Women’s Wear Daily. Based in New York City, the company also publishes reports and other research to help companies worldwide improve their service operations.
STELLAService is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.