|Publication or Company
||NYU Langone Medical Center
||Senior Marketing Manager
||New York, NY
||Under the direction and supervision of the Managing Editor, and in collaboration with the rest of the Web & Content Development Team (Web Applications Coordinator, Digital Content Editor, and Publications Coordinator), develops and manages the overall design, installation and maintenance of the Internet operations for MSF-USA. Will oversee completion of a site redesign and migration to Drupal-based CMS and the performance of both thereafter. Working with the Web & Content Development Team, and supervising the Web Applications Coordinator, vendors, interns and volunteers, will utilize and develop the most effective technologies and architecture to manage and adapt infrastructure to support the Communications, Fundraising, Program, HR Recruitment, Association, and Board of Directors needs of MSF-USA, with special emphasis on making information accessible that promotes awareness of MSF's activities and concerns, expertise, needs, and values. Will contribute to development and execution of MSF-USA social media strategy as well.
WEB DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT (40%)
* Under the supervision of the Managing Editor and in close collaboration with the Web & Content Development Team, oversees the design, development, and maintenance of all parts of MSF-USA's web presence, including MSF-USA public site, MSF-USA Association intranet, and any third-party sites that represent MSF-USA.
* In consultation with the Managing Editor, conceptualizes long-term web needs and strategies, and plans and manages related projects as assigned.
* Confers with project personnel to provide technical recommendations and resolve problems. Supports the International Communications Coordinator in contributing to the development and maintenance of Drupal-based CMS platform, including but not limited to providing technical guidance to MSF webmasters on migrating to the CMS platform
INTERNET MANAGEMENT (20%)
* Develops and manages social media strategy and presence.
* Conducts social networking analysis and analytics to improve MSF's engagement on social media platforms.
* Recommends best strategies to use social media to promote MSF's mission.
INTERNET MANAGEMENT (20%)
* Works with the Managing Editor and Web Applications Coordinator to develop the design, installation, deployment, and performance enhancements of all aspects of MSF-USA Internet operations.
* With Web Applications Coordinator, maintains and monitors Drupal content management system
* Ensures optimum performance, scalability, security, and usability of the website with solid architectural standards.
* Provides technical leadership to ensure the security of all information captured online and in all web-related databases of MSF-USA.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT (15%)
* Works with the Managing Editor to plan, direct, and coordinate special projects to ensure that project goals are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
* In consultation with the Managing Editor, creates detailed and accurate project schedules/budgets.
PLANNING, MANAGEMENT and STRATEGY (15%)
* Responsible for implementation of technical elements of MSF-USA's annual web plans, determining and implementing key objectives for using the web to keep the public, donors, potential volunteers, association members, informed of MSF's programs, accomplishments, needs or point of view.
* Works with Managing Editor and Director of Communications to develop MSF USA's strategic approach to the Internet
* Develops and tracks web budget
DEPARTMENTAL, INTERDEPARTMENTAL and INTERNATIONAL COORDINATION (10%)
* Manages relationships with international webmaster network, offering support and advice when needed on web strategy, social media, and other related matters.
* Attends regularly scheduled departmental meetings to share information, brainstorm solutions, and coordinate priorities.
* Attends monthly staff meetings and several annual office-wide debates to participate in information sharing across all departments, and stay informed on important MSF topics so as to be able to contribute to the organization's ongoing development.
* Keeps in touch with MSF international webmaster network to share content, ideas and information, and when appropriate, make suggestions on content, creation of web-based technical standards for specific web sites, including MSF International and for the MSF network as a whole.
Must be expert level in the use of the following:
HTML 5, Drupal, XHTML, Drupal Components and Hook API
Server-side programming, Database management, PHP, MySQL, or similar database integration with a CMS, Apache Server, Git and revision control and source code management (SCM) systems Drush, Unix command line and Deployment Workflow
Must have implemented some or all of these Drupal related workflows and technologies:
* Advanced Site Building
* Drupal Coding & Essential APIs: Form API & Drupal Hook System
* Drupal Contrib API: Views API, Secure Coding, Standards and Best Practices
* Major Modules in Drupal: Views, Panels, Taxonomy, Blocks, Fields, Entities, Menus, Views Slideshow, Display Suite
Must have some familiarity with the following:
* Building custom contributed Drupal modules to extend functionality on any Drupal site using Drupal's Hook API
* The concept of Data Normalization and the operations of databases used with Drupal
* Mobile First Design and Responsive Web Design
* Minimum 3-5 years directly relevant work experience, plus Bachelor's degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Strong understanding of the mission and messaging of Doctors Without Borders, and ability to edit and adapt content suited for social media platforms.
* Significant and demonstrated experience managing/working with Drupal-based CMS systems and platforms
* Experience with migrating content over to a Drupal-based CMS
* Experience managing others and working as part of a team
* Experience with website redesign projects
* Outstanding, proven time management and organizational skills
* A general understanding of the social media environment
* Outstanding, proven communications skills with colleagues and across social media platforms
* Demonstrated experience managing staff and vendors.
* Ability to work independently, move projects from conceptual stages to launch, and handle multiple and often competing deadlines.
* Keen attention to detail.
* Ability to handle a large volume of work
* Ability to write routine business correspondence, and internal memos.
* Ability to manage others effectively to meet deadlines and produce high quality products.
* Strong graphic sense and ability to contribute to design and user interface of website.
* Previous experience with nonprofit organizations.
* Salary - high 70s- low 80s, commensurate with experience.
* Excellent benefits, including 4 weeks vacation
* Training opportunities and growth potential
Send cover letter with resume to email@example.com, ATTN: Web & Social Media Strategist Search
NO CALLS PLEASE
|About Our Company
||Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, and to victims of armed conflict, irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. When medical assistance is not enough to save lives, MSF will speak out against human rights abuses and violations of humanitarian law its teams witness while providing medical relief.