|Publication or Company
||Digital Content Manager
||New York, NY
||The Manager of Digital Content manages the day-to-day content and operational activities of the WE tv websites, and other WE tv-based digital media offerings, with the specific emphasis on branding, business operations, content creation, site promotion, SEM/SEO, email maintenance, and ad sales support. This position functions as the daily conduit between digital media/web and all key network departments.
The Manager is responsible for creating daily and weekly content update plans as they pertain to WE tv shows and wetv.com section fronts as well as implementation using the various online production tools such as WordPress and Brightcove. This position also works closely with outside vendors as project manager on sweepstakes, contests, and one-off applications. Close collaboration with other digital department managers is a must. The Manager must work well under pressure, tight budgets, deadlines and direction changes. Thorough knowledge of online production process, copywriting, editing and article writing is a must.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Create long and short-term update plans for wetv.com, as it pertains to shows and editorial content. Work with Director of Digital Projects and Technology to ensure plans meet overall digital strategy and needs.
2. Produce deliverable schedules for wetv.com and any special features as necessary.
3. Manage the update schedule for wetv.com and Guyspeak.com, including special projects. Work with freelance writers and in-house staff.
4. Post articles, blogs and photo galleries, update section fronts and show pages using content management system.
5. Report monthly on project budgets. Manage accruals. Maintain actuals.
6. Organize invoices and charges for online projects, instigate deal memos and follow through with respective departments to insure timely delivery of contracts and payments.
7. Work with show producers to request exclusive content from key players in WE tv original series and/or find experts and writers to create related content. Create new and exciting concepts.
8. Generate copy for newsletters and work with designers on creation. Work with our email service provider on newsletter concepts and strategy.
9. Understand, articulate and translate the brand voice across all digital assets.
10. Write tease and promotional copy for touts and call-out areas when necessary.
11. Suggest ideas and content that could be used to generate revenue on wetv.com and Guyspeak.com.
12. Oversee various sponsor projects – ensuring timely delivery of assets for online.
13. Make suggestions for digital content that could be promoted on-air.
14. Attend marketing, programming, and digital project status and creative meetings
Qualifications 1. Management Skills
a) Project/Budget Management
b) Attention to detail and organization
c) Ability to establish relationships across all levels of the company
d) Communication skills
2. Technical/Functional Competencies
a) Technical proficiency with PCs and Macs, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, MS Outlook, Photoshop and content management systems - WordPress experience preferable.
b) Ability to manage projects against established budgets.
c) Direct knowledge of the web production process and familiarity with content management applications.
d) Extensive internet operating knowledge
e) Ability to manage/update social networks
3. Key Experiences/Achievements
a) 2 - 4 years web content or production experience at entertainment, web, broadcast or cable television company
b) Familiarity with video production
c) In depth social media experience
d) Excellent written and communication skills
e) Strong project management background
f) Ability to work under changing deadlines with numerous projects.
g) Proven ability to present to groups - from medium to large – including members of senior management.
|About Our Company
||AMC Networks Inc. has been an innovator in television programming and entertainment for 31 years. AMC Networks (formerly Rainbow Media Holdings) owns and operates several of the most popular and award-winning brands in cable television, AMC, IFC, Sundance Channel, WE tv and IFC Films.