|Publication or Company
||The Independent Traveler/Cruise Critic
||401K/403B, Bonuses, Dental, Health
||Job Location: Pennington, NJ (near Princeton)
• Oversee Cruise Critic's coverage of destinations, working with executive editor, managing editor and ports editor to restructure and beef up coverage to better serve our readers.
• Manage the editorial department operations when managing editor is out or on assignment.
• Pitch and write cruise-related features, reviews, news stories and blog posts, as necessary.
• Contribute coverage ideas.
• Work with eLetter committee to create compelling content.
• Oversee the blog, ensuring fresh content is continuously published. Work with SEO/SEM department on strategy for increasing blog audience.
• Provide content/line editing as necessary to assist features editor.
• Launch content, including news and feature stories, slideshows, reviews and blog posts.
• Contribute to group projects, supporting theme weeks and event coverage.
• Occasionally attend media events, ship launches and seminars on behalf of Cruise Critic.
• Participate in company-wide social media initiative, posting to Twitter and Facebook.
• Complete other tasks assigned by supervisor.
• Editorial experience in the travel industry; cruise experience is preferred.
• Strong knowledge of cruise destinations.
• Ability to develop unique story ideas based on cruise news, trends and talk.
• Ability to quickly, concisely and clearly summarize information.
• Familiarity with Cruise Critic website.
• Excellent command of English language, grammar, punctuation and spelling.
• Strong writing and editing skills.
• Understanding of search engine optimization.
• Some HTML or Internet publishing software experience is preferred.
• Must love to travel or cruise and be interested in working in online media.
• College degree required; journalism, online media or related major preferred
• 5-7 years experience working in an editorial environment.
• 1-3 years management experience strongly preferred.
• This job requires relocation to the Pennington, New Jersey, area. Telecommuting is not an option.
|About Our Company
||The Independent Traveler, Inc., is a publisher of travel Web sites including Cruise Critic, the largest cruise site of its kind, reaching over three million unique visitors monthly. The Independent Traveler, Inc. is a subsidiary of TripAdvisor, the largest travel community in the world. We offer a rewarding and enjoyable entrepreneurial environment with opportunities for professional development and growth, competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. We are located in central New Jersey, near Princeton.