|Publication or Company
||Scripps Networks Interactive
||Senior Visual Designer
||401K/403B, Dental, Health
||San Francisco, CA
||Senior Visual Designer
We're a leading lifestyle brand providing rich, viewer experiences across multiple platforms and devices, and we're looking for a talented and motivated visual designer with a passion for elegantly solving a variety visual design and communication challenges for web and mobile.
• Work collaboratively with interactive teams including, but not limited to, editorial, UX/IA, front-end development, interaction design, and back-end development to define and create visual designs based on requirements
• Define visual and art standards/systems and ensure all creative material is consistent across email, mobile social and web channels
• Lead the development of innovative and compelling visual solutions while providing an effective user experience for various digital media platforms
• Collaborate on the development of a unique brand identity, as well as create and maintain style guides for governing its consistency
• Work with designers (both internal and external) in creating elegant solutions and presentations
• Remain current on industry trends and technology and envision creative new ways to leverage existing and emerging online ideas and technologies
• Maintain high standards for design, layout, color and typography
• Ensure that ideas/designs are produced on-time, on-budget and meet expectations
• Help establish a collaborative art culture that engages creative talent and maximizes team potential
• Manage projects in a start up, deadline-driven environment
• Design content packages and/or marketing ads that creatively communicate the content while staying "on-brand" and you are able to present new and innovative solutions to these projects
• Design/skin wireframes from the Product/IxD team for site enhancements and new products. You participate in product discussions and are able to bring a visual design perspective and present solutions with this point-of-view.
• Provide visual design assets for syndicate partners that are optimized and based on requirements
• Adhere to guidelines set out in style/design guides, assists with the maintenance of current design guides and/or helps create new ones
• Develop and maintain a design pattern library and creatively use various modules to best lay out content. Also willing to suggest new patterns to solve a particular design problem, or improve the user experience.
Skills And Experience You Will Need:
• Able to take a leading role on a project and see it through from beginning to end
• A team player who enjoys a collaborative design process
• Flexible enough to reboot to unexpected changes in direction
• One who loves the chaos of a start up environment
• Good verbal and written communication skills and a willingness to collaborate and work as part of a team
• Self-motivated, accountable for your own design decisions and able to work independently, making deadlines consistently
• Able to prioritize and adapt to changing objectives with a flexible, positive attitude
• Firm grasp of fundamental design principles as regards to: composition, typography, form and color
• Able to think conceptually/creatively as well as technically
• 5-7 years interactive design experience.
An online portfolio of sample Visual Design examples is required
|About Our Company
||Scripps Networks Interactive is home to some of the most popular and influential brands affecting people's lives today. We are the driving force behind HGTV, DIY Network, Food Network, Cooking Channel, Travel Channel and country music network Great American Country (GAC).
Our top-rated web-only properties include Food.com, FrontDoor.com and HGTVRemodels.com. We helped define the home, food, travel and country music categories with unique programming and useful websites.
We are a diverse work place with forward-thinking people who thrive in a highly-creative, fast-paced and supportive culture. We offer highly competitive wages and benefit packages, and the opportunities for promotion and professional growth. It's no wonder that our employee turnover rate is well below the industry average and that we have been recognized as a great place to work!
Our passion for lifestyle media is evident in our everyday work and extends beyond media to include strong community and business relationships.
Now let us share our passion with you!