|Publication or Company
||Springer Science + Business Media
||Business Intelligence Product Manager
||401K/403B, Dental, Health
||About our company
Springer Adis is a part of Springer Science+Business Media, one of the most prestigious international scientific publishers of books, journals, and electronic media today, with subsidiaries and representatives all over the world. Our publications range from medicine to all fields of life sciences, and from mathematics to engineering. Wherever scientific research is carried out, highly qualified experts count themselves among Springer's authors, including a large number of Nobel prize winners. Around 5,500 people are employed by the Springer Group worldwide.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
The BI Product Manager (PM) is accountable for defining, setting and executing strategies to ensure the growth of their assigned products globally. The PM has responsibility for revenue and EBITDA for their products globally and is responsible for product positioning, strategy and planning, new product development and promotion and providing product support to internal and external customers. Specific responsibilities include:
1. Global Revenue and EBITDA Recognition
* Meet or exceed annual revenue and EBITDA goals as assigned by management
* Report monthly on activity, and projects
* Monitor and communicate with finance on revenue and EBITDA reports, to ensure that both are being reported accurately
2. Product Strategy
* Oversee the collection of customer insight, competitive, internal and market intelligence to inform product strategy
* Develop and communicate the product and marketing strategies for products within the BI portfolio
* Identify new areas for growth/expansion
3. Product planning and assessment
* Drive the development of product and marketing plans
* Oversee the monitoring and assessment of plan effectiveness
* Assist in the development of budgets and monitor spend
4. Plan execution
* Oversee the execution of product and marketing plans and the assessment of their effectiveness
* Liaise with Springer marketing teams to drive creation and production of appropriate collateral, presentations and other promotional marketing materials
* Participate as required at industry events / trade shows
5. New Product Development
* Develop new product formats and enhancements to existing products, new product ideas/concepts to be based on industry experience, feedback from global sales offices, customers, and prospects and liaison with SH editorial.
* Work with the Adis Project Manager in bringing new products & product enhancements to market
* Work with colleagues in editorial, sales and marketing, and freelancers to ensure development of products that are brand-worthy; support such product through development, creation, roll out and life cycle.
* Work with Operations staff to put processes in place to support the global launch of new products.
* Facilitate and educate sales reps on new products at launch stage.
* Consult with Customers, Editorial, Sales, Client Service, IT, and Marketing on product specifications for new product ideas/concepts.
* Continue to monitor, develop, and respond to feedback from the market through product life-cycles.
6. Customer Support
* Provide product expertise to assist customer support globally with inquiries if required.
7. Sales Support and General Division concerns
* Provide product expertise to assist Sales teams, including provision of materials and training as required
* Maintain a relationship with third party vendors for the purposes of promoting and supporting our BI products through their channels
8. Performs other duties as expected.
* Bachelor?s degree in business or science, or equivalent work experience
* 2-3 years of product management or product marketing experience
* Experience in the database, pharmaceutical or publishing industry preferred
* Commercial experience advantageous
* Experience with database publishing
* Experience with information technologies e.g intranet/internet systems
* Marketing experience in a professional information environment such as pharmaceutical, health information systems or other related markets
* Excellent communication and presentation skills, professional work ethic
* Proven record in product management and product development
* Strategic Thinking
* Ability to adjust, respond, and manage a changing list of priorities to meet deadlines
* Able to drive and deliver results
* Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision but also function effectively as part of a team
* Able to travel to customers, prospects, and trade shows as well as for internal meetings
Please apply using our online application system.
Visit our web site at www.springer.com.
We regret that we are unable to respond to each resume. Only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.