|Publication or Company
||True & Co.
||Head of PR & Communications
||Internet/Online/New Media, Public Relations
||401K/403B, Dental, Health, Stock/Options
||San Francisco, CA
We’re looking for a Head of PR & Communications who will lead the next phase of our amazing story, and we hope you’ll join us. We’re looking for someone who can lead creative PR campaigns that speak to the media, partners, customers and fashion and tech communities, and who can collaborate with our Design, Product and Merchandising teams to integrate them seamlessly into our brand strategy.
Our online shop is already successful, and has a growing following. We sell products that are universally in high demand, and you’ll play a leading role in the growth of our company.
Here are some of the challenges you’ll help us solve:
• Work with Marketing, Product and Merchandising to drive our PR to meet our sales and business goals
• Grow our brand presence by engaging further partnerships with external e-commerce and media organizations through press placements and special events
• Manage relationships with external agencies to drive and facilitate press coverage in print and online media
• Mentor junior team members, and be our main ambassador at high-profile events
• Manage influencer relations to maintain strong relationships with key editors, stylists and bloggers
• Cultivate relationships with influencers for product seeding and recruiting brand ambassadors
• Co-produce our seasonal look-books with the Design and Product teams
Our Ideal Candidate
• Has 7+ years of PR experience across Tech and Retail industries, and has worked in both PR/Marketing agencies as well as handled in-house campaigns
• Has excellent writing, communication, presentation and time management skills and can handle multiple simultaneous priorities
• Can demonstrate in-depth experience building, growing and leading PR teams (agencies, broadcast media, bloggers, guerrilla marketing), and also managing cross-functional PR and developed strategies for integrated marketing
• Experience with leveraging social media platforms and understanding of different community behaviors to amplify PR and marketing efforts
• Demonstrated experience with using analytics tools and measuring campaign effectiveness
• Experience developing and managing successful PR campaigns from the ground up. You can share a project or two that challenged you to think and act creatively.
• Ability to develop content creation strategy and produce original branded programming to drive awareness, engagement and demand for our service across all relevant digital channels (web, social, media, blogs, forums, partner syndication sites, etc.)
• Demonstrated success growing a brand in a very active and rapidly changing environment.
What We Offer:
• Great salary and great benefits
• Opportunity to be part of something great, built from the ground up, and with an active, fast-growing customer base
• Dynamic, sunny office close to CalTrain, MUNI and BART
• Much, much more!
|About Our Company
We’re True&Co., and we are building one of the most meaningful online shopping experiences ever. Our 2-minute quiz and personal shop is powered by an algorithm and recommendation system that matches women to the right items – all without a measuring tape.
We launched our app featuring lingerie at D10 in May 2012 and Good Morning America featured us the very next day. Since then we’ve been featured on The View, The Today Show, Refinery29, InStyle Magazine, and recently hit the most-emailed articles list of the New York Times. Demand has been incredible and continues to grow given the near-universal appeal of lingerie and unique gifts for our customers. We’re also thrilled to be backed by VC firms from coast to coast, including First Round Capital, SoftTech and Cowboy VC.
We’re working towards the next phase of our product, which include new product releases, features on our app and much more for 2013 and beyond, and we need your help.