|Publication or Company
||Social Media and Community Manager
||Internet/Online/New Media, Social Media
||401K/403B, Dental, Health
||Santa Monica, CA
BermanBraun is seeking an experienced social media and community manager for its high-profile parenting and lifestyle web brand, mom.me. The BermanBraun office is located in Santa Monica, Ca., but NYC-based candidates will also be considered. The ideal candidate will have 5 years of digital experience with a proven record of success in growing a robust and engaged online audience through social media marketing and other traffic-driving initiatives.
• Drive growth in brand audience as measured by site visits, community activity and engagement.
• Create and implement a revised social media strategy for the brand.
• Contribute to the re-structuring of on-site community.
• Manage the day-to-day execution of the social media plan, posting on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google + and other social networks, and seeding content into relevant web sites and blogs.
• Work with content and product teams to implement other traffic-driving initiatives, including link partnerships, syndication, contests, SEM, SEO, on-site registration and newsletter subscriptions.
• Manage and promote day-to-day community interactions on the site.
• Mediate community situations that warrant involvement.
• Moderate comments, forums, UGC components of the site.
• Provide analytics and reporting around social media and community engagement.
• Inform content production based on what’s trending in search and social media.
• Serve as community liaison, highlighting good PR opportunities (including events), identifying community influencers and potential link partners and developing relationships.
Desired Skills & Experience
Skills & Requirements:
• You have a minimum of three years experience in social media management, ideally in the “moms” space.
• You have a Bachelor’s degree.
• You have an up-to-the-minute knowledge of all social media platforms, and you relish tracking—and beating—every algorithmic shift they throw your way.
• You have a finely-tuned sense of what engages this audience.
• You have an influential social network that will enable you to amplify the reach of the brand.
• You ideally have a strong knowledge of social media marketing and a good working knowledge of SEO best practices.
• Your creativity is balanced with an ability to work with speed and efficiency.
• You like getting your hands dirty.
• You solve problems.
• You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate.
• You love to win.
• If you don't know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly.
• You naturally go the extra mile.
• You thrive in a fast-paced work environment, readily adapting to continually changing priorities and aggressive project timeframes.
• You are able to tell it like it is. In plain English.
• You give credit to others where credit is due and take responsibility for misses when they rest with you.
|About Our Company
||MOM.ME is a property of BermanBraun, an independent multimedia company based in Santa Monica, CA. Founded in 2007 by Gail Berman and Lloyd Braun, the company has 3 divisions which include television, digital and feature film.
BermanBraun’s digital division has created and manages some of the most popular properties online including celebrity news site WONDERWALL, in partnership with Microsoft. WONDERWALL ranks first in engagement among competitors and has averaged more than 17 million unique visitors during the past 3 months. Another property is the popular lifestyle and beauty site GLO, which BermanBraun operates in partnership with MSN and Hearst. GLO averages more than 5 million unique visitors per month. BermanBraun recently joined with AOL to launch MANDATORY, an authentic, relevant and irreverent online destination for men, and PAWNATION, a site for pets. Earlier this year, BermanBraun acquired Whiskey Media and launched its first site built on the Whiskey platform – TESTED WITH JAMIE AND ADAM. Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage are the stars of the hit television show MYTHBUSTERS on Discovery Channel, and have a strategic alliance with BermanBraun to create television and digital content and brands.
In television, BermanBraun produces several series including DECEPTION (NBC), ALPHAS (SyFy), UNCHAINED REACTION (Discovery Channel), JUNK GYPSIES (HGTV), POLYAMORY (Showtime) and 2 additional shows for Discovery Channel. BermanBraun is also producing REWIND, a pilot for SyFy.