|Publication or Company
||Web Designer II
||401K/403B, Dental, Health
||The Web Designer II will be fully responsible for design, production, modification and maintenance of websites, landing pages, and web application's user interfaces. This involves working closely with Market & Product Managers, in using semantic mark-up i.e. (X)HMTL5/CSS3 to turn their ideas into digital designs through working browser based web pages. You'll also work closely with the development team to implement these pages into server-side code in order to develop complex, interactive and database driven websites and digital assets.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsible for the development, usability and testing of new and existing client websites and landing pages, ensuring requirements and deadlines are met.
Liaise closely with the internal client, determining: Why the site is needed; The target audience; Leading competitors
Develop & build high quality websites and digital assets that are browser compatible, SEO friendly, and meet high web standards.
Advise the client of the information architecture needed to construct a high performing site/landing page campaign.
Create and design websites/pages from 2D concepts created in Adobe Photoshop or Fireworks to full Interactive websites in Drupal.
Work closely with Marketing managers. Gather business requirements, map to technical requirements site information architecture for the LOE planning process
Analytical and Technical
Work within the Design & Web Development Team to produce high quality, innovative, digital solutions.
Build leading edge websites to the highest standard and work with developers to complete web projects.
Work closely with all Strayer teams, specifically Marketing Managers, Developers, Stakeholders and Agencies.
Challenge instances and practices where these standards are not met or could be improved.
Provide inspiration and energy to innovate ideas within the Marketing and broader Strayer University team.
- BA in related field of study e.g., Graphic design or Digital design
- 5-7 years of related work experience
- Experience working with front end development coding (X)HTML/CSS3 websites.
- Experience with CSS2, CSS3, XHTML andHTML5 coding.
- Knowledge of using Adobe Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Fireworks or Illustrator or Master suite.
- Willingness to improve knowledge of CSS, (X)HTML and other web languages.
- Develop cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions.
- In depth knowledge of current coding techniques and best practices.
- Flexible attitude with proven experience of working in a small team.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Good understanding of website information architecture to create a website/landing page or digital asset.
- Knowledge and experience of SEO and web accessibility would be an advantage.
- Good communication skills are essential for liaising closely with customers and colleagues.
- Ability to use initiative and work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines.
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude, dedication, and willingness to work-hard; sometimes under high production pressure.
- Intuitive, Innovative and Self-motivated
- Customer focused with goal of outstanding customer service.
|About Our Company
||Strayer University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and has been in operation since 1892. The University offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs in business administration, accounting, economics, information systems, information technology, human resource management, education, health services administration, public administration, management and criminal justice to working adult students at 100 campuses in 24 states and Washington, D.C., as well as worldwide via the Internet. Strayer University also offers an executive MBA online through its Jack Welch Management Institute. For more information, visit www.strayer.edu or call 1-888-4-STRAYER (888-478-7293).