|Publication or Company
||Photo Editor & Designer for Fashion Website
||New York, NY
||SHEfinds Media is looking for a creative and savvy photo editor and designer to be the head of all design projects for SHEfinds.com and MOMfinds.com.
The position is in charge of all graphic material for the sites, as well as the creative direction of the blogs. This is a very fast-paced, hands-on position with lots of creative possibilities.
The ideal candidate is able to wear many hats, work well with multiples teams, work quickly and efficiently on deadlines, be very organized, and come up with new and exciting ideas for the brand.
Photo Research & Graphic Production:
- Research and source photos and graphics to accompany daily editorial posts
- Design and build graphics for editorial shopping and gift guides, newsletters and dedicated content emails
- Design and build graphics for contest pages and promotional materials for the marketing team
- Create all promotion materials including banners, pins, social media materials, etc.
- Come up with and pitch new ideas for both editorial and marketing teams
- Photograph and edit shoots or projects as they arise
- 1-3 years experience researching photos and designing for a website
- Must be proficient in the Adobe Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Excellent sense of typography
- Experience working with websites (we use Wordpress as our back end)
- Social media experience
- Photography skills preferred
- Working knowledge of HTML and SEO preferred
To apply: YOU MUST DELIVER ALL OF THE BELOW OR YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
1. Your resume.
2. Your desired salary.
3. A cover letter explaining why you are the perfect person for this job.
4. Links to your twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, Facebook and any other social media sites you use.
5. A link to your portfolio.
6. Your response to the following tests:
(a) Create a graphic to correspond with this editorial post http://www.shefinds.com/2011/how-to-dress-for-your-new-zodiac-sign-a-cheat-sheet-for-handling-this-astrological-crisis/. The image should be 598 x 340 pixels. The graphic you create should be something we could use on the homeshefinds.com in the main carousel.
(b) Present 3 possible photo options to accompany this editorial post: http://www.shefinds.com/2013/how-to-wear-a-varsity-jacket-even-if-youve-never-played-a-sport-in-your-life/. The images can come from Google images, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc. Please include the image URLS or upload the images as attachments. The photo should be something we could use on the homeshefinds.com in the main carousel.
Upload your image(s) to the web and submit the link in the cover letter of your application.
No phone calls. If you've followed all the instructions above and we think you may be a fit, we will contact you.
SheFinds Media is a network of websites that help women shop online. We are a well funded, growing company backed by a progressive venture capital firm. Our management team is small but very experienced - this is a great place to learn from professionals who have worked at major companies like Hearst, Conde Nast, CBS, AOL and Ask.com (IAC). Now is an exciting time to join the team as we are looking for fresh ideas and enthusiasm as we ramp up our editorial offering and consumer acquisition.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits.
We work long hours/full days but have flexible "in office" time- work from home Mondays and 11:30AM-6PM Tuesday-Friday.
Small, well behaved dogs are welcome