|Publication or Company
||Digital Media Manager
||Building on the expertise of the management team at Indianapolis Monthly, Emmis acquired Atlanta, Texas Monthly and Cincinnati, and in early 2000 entered into an agreement to purchase Los Angeles magazine Cincinnati Magazine is the "must read" for sophisticated consumers in Greater Cincinnati and a "must buy" for advertisers who want to reach this defined market. Each month, editorial content takes subscribers deep behind the headlines into the stories that impact our area. We profile the region's most interesting and influential people; offer regular sections such as Dine, Radar (style & design) and Frontlines (local news & newsmakers); and create service packages on topics ranging from neighborhoods and restaurants to shopping and schools.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: SUMMARY
The Digital Media Manager will oversee the maintenance and growth of Cincinnati Magazine's digital assets and has overall responsibility for maintaining and growing the cincinnatimagazine.com website and all associated digital content and products like eNewsletters, Zinio monthly digital editions, cincinnatimagazineweddings.com or any other digital affiliated partnerships or products. In this role, the Digital Media Manager works together with Cincinnati Magazine Editorial, Sales, Marketing and Business staff with a 50/50 balance between editorial content and sales and marketing responsibilities. The Digital Media Manager is charged with delivering excellent internal service to the entire Cincinnati Magazine Staff and externally to our digital audience, or readers of our digital products, as well as our advertising clients, sponsors, and partners.
1. Content contributions: Editorial and Art
* Coordinate, manage and contribute to monthly online editorial content
* Attend weekly editorial meetings and monthly story meetings to collaborate, contribute and manage online content
* Work with the editorial and art staff to create surveys, promotions, user-generated content, etc.
* Generate and manage bloggers and other online content contributors
* Collaborate with Edit and Art staff to extend our content (images, info-graphics and stories) through all our distribution platforms; including monthly print, online, digital and social channels.
* Update Facebook and Twitter channels and/or manage and coordinate Edit staff contribution (following ASME guidelines)
* Educate and train Edit and Art staff to contribute online, ie: blogs, feeds, photos, tools, etc
2. Sales, Marketing and Business:
* Attend weekly sales meeting to develop and present ad sales opportunities in order to generate online revenues
* Work with Sales and Art to maintain and update the digital media kit including cincinnatiusa.com, wedding.com and cm.com
* Work with Sales to develop digital sales proposals including APPs, digital custom, sponsorships and online opportunities.
* Update online advertising inventory utilizing DoubleClick and retrieve traffic data as needed
* Create and manage online sales/sponsorship contests
* Work with Sales to produce recaps of major projects
* Schedule, manage and send eMarketing, eNewsletters and eVites
* Work with Marketing to update RSVP, ticket sales and other promotional areas of our websites
* Participate in weekly or monthly Emmis Publishing DMM conference calls regarding Marketron technology updates etc.
* Manage and develop our social media efforts on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter
* Update the homepage and other elements of the site to boost traffic/keep the site fresh
* Oversee, coordinate and delegate to Art and Edit staff to update the Cincinnati Wedding site
* Provide local technical support for all website/digital initiatives
* Recruit interns to assist you on projects
* Monitor, maintain and grow our Insider databases - work with Marketing Department
* Work with Sales, Edit and Business to streamline tracking and reporting web metrics
Desired Skills & Experience
Essential Skills Required (In order of importance):
* Minimum 2-4 years of experience in digital publishing, websites, social media or a related fieldExcellent interpersonal skills, including strong written and verbal communications
* Microsoft Office suite is required; knowledge of Marketron Interactive's Digital Suite or other CMS, Microsoft Dynamics, AdSystem, Photoshop, InDesign and HTML/CSS
* Experience with Doubleclick ad-serving software, Facebook, Twitter, and Google Analytics
* Superior analytical skills.
* Excellent planning, project management and organizational skills.
Desired Skills & Experience
* Experience using a CMS to manage web content: articles, graphics, photos, embedding videos, etc.
* Build templates and teasers to optimize the display of content using CMS.
* Ability to construct an email campaign from content or assets provided by advertiser, manage email lists and delivery functions.
* Some graphic design experience a plus.
* Experience leveraging digital products to drive revenue.
* Prior experience creating and deploying digital media campaigns.
* Proven track record establishing goals and driving for results.
* Experience working with small and large businesses.
* Experience presenting media campaigns to clients.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing digital media environment.
Desired Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree with emphasis on journalism, fine arts/new media, or other digital field
* 2-4 years of experience in web, magazine, television, newspaper or digital media.
Application Deadline: 05/24/2013
If you are a qualified candidate and interested in this position we encourage you to apply. The preferred method to apply is to submit a cover letter, resume and application online within the Careers tab at www.emmis.com.
NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS ACCEPTED.
EMMIS Communications (NASDAQ: EMMS) is a diversified media corporation with award-winning radio broadcasting and magazine publishing operations in markets across the country. EMMIS is as well known for its creative culture as for its operations. Our people are aggressive, knowledgeable and deeply committed to each of the communities in which we operate. Because employees are the key to our success, EMMIS offers strong benefits and incentives, including health, dental and life insurance and a 401(k) contribution plan. For more information about EMMIS, visit our website at www.emmis.com.
EMMIS COMMUNICATIONS/CINCINNATI MAGAZINE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar:
|About Our Company
||Emmis entered the world of publishing in 1988, with the purchase of hometown Indianapolis Monthly, and over the following 12 years, the company grew to become the country's leading publisher of city and regional magazines.