|Publication or Company
||In-house Bookeeper/Office Manager
||Internet/Online/New Media, Marketing, Public Relations, TV/Cable
||401K/403B, Dental, Health
||New York, NY
You will have primary responsibility for managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company including payables, collections, accounting, forecasting, job costing, payroll, cashflow statements and interfacing with accounting firm that oversees quarterly statements and executes tax statements.
The ideal candidate has a strong background preferably with internet and broadcast media experience, with a track record of financial and PnL development. You possess an entrepreneurial drive, and a demonstrated ability to achieve goals in an innovative and fast paced environment.
- Pro- active involvement in day to day financial decisions and short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Take hands-on lead position of improving, and maintaining a comprehensive job cost system.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization in conjunction with outside accountant.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives so as to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Manage office and HR functions
- A minimum of a BS and CPA and/or MBA would be a plus.
- At least 10 years experience as CFO or equivalent, preferably with organizations with budgets of a minimum of $5MM
- MUST HAVE previous experience with media companies/startups
- Experience working with IT, Video Production staff to manage finance and accounting.
- Experience collaborating with Sales, Business Development, and Marketing groups for financial accuracy and modeling.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills.
- Experience in a senior financial-management role, partnering with executive staff, resulting in the development and implementation of creative financial management strategies.
- Creativity, with experience funding activities in ways that both cover costs and generate operating
Good communication, organization and project management skills
Previous experience working in a small and entrepreneurial environment is aplus.
Hands on work as well advising senior team in direction and what's missing and needed thinking.
- Strategic and tactical thinker
- Leader and team player
- Self motivated with exceptional ability to communicate with peers
- Passionate about competing and winning
- Has vision, but also coach-able
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and high level of professionalism
- Dynamic and Creative
- Energized by casual, creative, fun, and hardworking environment
|About Our Company
||Vidicom is an award winning video solutions agency producing cutting-edge branded content for the past three decades. Vidicom creates video content solutions (live, tape and VOD) for over 300 brands annually for distribution on paid, earned and owned platforms... distribution includes large media platforms exclusive to Vidicom. Among them, is the Vidicom subsidiary and out-of-home network, Citybuzz which distributes branded video editorial in-flight, in hotels, and taxis. Clients include brand direct, agencies and online and traditional media publishers. As the creator of InteracTV, the first interactive streaming broadcast tool for brands, Vidicom continues to merge fast changing technology and content that engages brand communities. Vidicom is a fully equipped production facility complete with state-of-the-art HD studio.