|Publication or Company
||The New York Times Newspaper
||Manager Marketing Partnerships Job
||New York, NY
Based on the growth in our digital subscriptions business, The New York Times is seeking a Marketing Partnerships Manager to identify and close new digital subscription distribution opportunities. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker with a deep understanding of subscription-based offerings, especially for digital products. This position requires strong business and sales acumen along with experience calling directly on midsize and large brands. This position will report to the Director of Business Development and will be located at our office in New York City.
- Identify a targeted list of prospects and develop an ongoing pipeline of potential partners.
- Foster positive business relationships with prospects resulting in new distribution channels.
- Coordinate the legal document development process, including term sheets and formal agreements.
- Oversee implementation of closed deals.
- Stay abreast of the marketplace and competitive set with regard to digital publishing/subscriptions.
- BS or BA from an accredited 4-year university or college
- 5-8 years of relevant business development experience
- International experience a plus
- Good business acumen, with the ability to understand business drivers in a variety of industries
- Ability to prospect and find the decision makers within an organization
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication/presentation skills
- Paid content, specifically digital subscription experience, highly desirable
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills
- Driven, self-motivated and results-oriented
- Prior experience reviewing and analyzing legal documents
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite of applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience with a CRM tool such as SalesForce.com
- Meet and exceed distribution and related subscription targets
- Evidence of expanding the client base
- Clear, constant, accurate reporting.
- High quality management and servicing of accounts
- Maintaining the high quality and professional image of The New York Times in all communications and dealings with clients and prospects.
The New York Times Company, a leading global, multimedia news and information company with 2012 revenues of $2.0 billion, includes The New York Times, the International Herald Tribune, The Boston Globe, NYTimes.com , BostonGlobe.com , Boston.com, and related properties. The Company's core purpose is to enhance society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news and information.
The New York Times Company is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. The New York Times Company is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.