|Publication or Company
||Rubber & Plastics News
||Marketing & Events Manager
||Internet/Online/New Media, Magazine Publishing, Marketing, Other Publishing
||Responsible for all marketing and events/conferences for both publications - Tire Business and Rubber & Plastics News.
· Create, direct and oversee all aspects of the marketing chain- brand development, PR, advertising, events, sponsorships, collateral, vendor relationships and social media strategy
· Work with sales staffs to create integrated packages leveraging the assets of Rubber & Plastics News (RPN) and Tire Business (TB)
· Develop fresh and innovative promotional and marketing programs across all RPN and TB brands -- print, online, events, etc.
· Conceive ideas to create product lines, brand extensions and strategic partnerships
- Manage events, meetings, award ceremonies and seminars from site selection through post-event surveys and budget reconciliation
- Develop and implement schedules and methods that support the successful execution of all events
- Work with vendors to manage online registration process and reporting
- Negotiate contracts with numerous external vendors, hotels, A/V companies, etc.
- Manage third party vendors, including hotels, caterers, AV, and others, as necessary
- Manage sponsor relationships and fulfillment with regards to all event sponsorships
- Work with online manager to manage event/conference websites
- Help secure past sponsors and recruit new sponsors and coordinate all sponsor benefits throughout conference cycle
- Identify and develop new ideas for the improvement of events in order to grow sponsorships, attendance and exhibits
- Oversee flawless on-site management that achieves brand goals
- Travel required
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in marketing
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in event planning
- Experience managing others
- Strong negotiation, project and time management skills
- Budget oversight - management, analysis and reconciliation
- Responsible for managing relationships with third-party vendors and agencies to ensure well-executed, highly professional events
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement, and to get things done in a timely manner
- Understanding of and ability to manage event websites, html emails,
- Thorough knowledge of contractual language pertaining to meetings and events
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also as part of a team
- Proven ability to plan, manage and execute multiple projects and timelines simultaneously.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- Understanding of graphic design
- Articulate with strong written communication skills
- Effective at approaching old processes from new angles to develop greater efficiencies and enhanced results.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint a must. Experience with InDesign, Photoshop and other Adobe suite products a major plus
|About Our Company
||Rubber & Plastics News is a fortnightly tabloid newspaper reaching 14,200 rubber product manufacturers and others allied to the rubber industry. It provides news, features, commentary, technical and marketing information in print and daily on the Internet to rubber product manufacturers, suppliers, consultants and laboratories worldwide. Rubber & Plastics News also organizes several technical conferences in North America, and co-produces, with Tire Business, the biennial International Tire Exhibition & Conference. In addition, Rubber & Plastics News offers niche email newsletters for the latex, silicone and global tire industries. www.TireBusiness.com
Tire Business is a tabloid newspaper published every other week providing timely news, features and data on the North American tire and automotive service businesses for independent tire dealers, retreaders, wholesalers and others allied to these fields. Stories in print and daily on the Internet focus on news, management, marketing, new products, technology, regulatory and governmental affairs and other trends and developments. Tire Business also is co-organizer of the biennial International Tire Exhibition & Conference, along with Rubber & Plastics News. Tire Business also produces a weekly online video newscast called NewsMinute and a niche email newsletter for the automotive service industry called ServiceZone.
Crain Communications Inc. is one of the largest privately owned business publishers in the U.S. with over 30 leading business, trade and consumer titles in North America and Europe. As an authoritative source of vital news and information to industry leaders and consumers worldwide, each of the company's newspapers, magazines and electronic news sites have become required reading in its respective sector of business and consumer market. Providing unmatched value and award-winning editorial excellence, the company is respected for its dependable journalism that readers have relied upon for over 90 ye