|Publication or Company
||Product Marketing Manager
||Internet/Online/New Media, Marketing, Sales/Advertising Sales
||New York, NY
The Huffington Post Operations team manages the day-to-day and long-term initiatives related to advertising inventory monetization and campaign operations, commercial publishing and native advertising products, audience and advertising research and analytics, and executive business metrics and reporting. This team reports to the CEO of The Huffington Post, Jimmy Maymann, and is tasked with driving critical business initiatives for revenue growth.
In this high-impact role, you'll be part of the Product Marketing team. The team defines the value proposition for our sites to advertisers -- interfacing with Sales and Editorial, creating packages and sponsorships, curating and creating marketing collateral, and working with operations to execute programs.
* Create innovative and engaging advertising products and programs for HuffPost
* Proactively work with Sales and Edit to brainstorm and package feature and custom edit projects that support both editorial aspirations as well as sales requests
* Define business rules around the products and packages
* Ensure that the Sales team has the materials required to communicate that story to the market
* Project-manage the setup, implementation and delivery of custom programs on their relevant Vertical/Site/Product
* Work with Analytics to tell the narrative of their Vertical/Site/Product's role in the HuffPost universe with regard to audience and referral traffic
* Report on success metrics and develop case studies
* Serve as the primary point of contact for Sales for questions around USP, Audience Profile and Advertising Products and Programs
* Maintain the Sales focused editorial and tech calendars
* Support the development of cross-site/multi-platform "tent pole" opportunities
* Curious and analytical; a self-started problem-solver
* Organized and detail-oriented, a good planner who can prioritize and find the critical path
* Driven by results and getting things done
* Must be an excellent communicator and have the ability to translate editorial and technical concepts to less savvy stakeholders clearly and persuasively
* Independent and self-sufficient, but know when to ask for help and keep supervisor informed
* Service-oriented, able to build relationships, work with people from diverse backgrounds, and make compromises
* You have strong editorial sensitivity, are a regular info-junkie and consumer of blogs, trends, social media
* Needless to say, a hard worker
Required experience and knowledge:
* Bachelor's Degree preferably in a quantitative discipline. Master or MBA a plus, but not required
* Minimum of 2-3 years' experience in digital advertising in a product management or product marketing capacity
* Experience working and influencing Sales and Editorial teams
* Deep knowledge of online advertising and publishing formats and platforms, industry standards, and the competitive ecosystem
AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.
|About Our Company
||The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged community for opinion and conversation. The Huffington Post reaches 75+ million unique visitors per month and has more than 50,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real-time on the subjects they are most passionate about. The Huffington Post has editions in the UK, Canada, Quebec, France, Spain, Italy and Japan, with Germany, Brazil and Mahgreb scheduled to launch in the coming months.