|Publication or Company
||The Omega Institute
||Social Media Coordinator
||Marketing, Non-profit, Social Media
||401K/403B, Dental, Health
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Full benefits package, including medical and dental
The Social Media Coordinator is a new position at the Omega Institute, reflecting the organization's expansion of its digital footprint and voice. This is an exciting time to join Omega, as we explore new ways to communicate our mission and increase the organization's impact and reach.
The Social Media Coordinator plays a key role in this expansion as he or she will serve as the primary organizer, coordinator, and monitor of social media activity at Omega.
* Works directly with CMO to establish/deliver organizational structure integrating/aligning the social media process throughout the organization.
* Works with Managing Editor, writer teams, and programming staff to create content ideas/posts
* Re-purposes writer and programmer content to work across social platforms, provides guidance/suggestions to writers and others on social media writing best practice
* Creates social promotional strategies for initiatives and programs
* Tracks community growth, performance and participation
* Understands and recognizes opportunities within emerging platforms, online communities and digital industry developments
* Understands social media metrics in order to optimize and create/adapt strategies
* Translates social media metrics into an insightful narrative
* Compiles weekly metrics report of social media platforms to monitor engagement, growth, trends
* Manages multiple projects, deliverables and deadlines
* Manages outreach to blogs, websites, influencers and niche communities
* 5+ years of digital marketing experience at a digital agency
and/or 3+ years experience coordinating and managing social media across multiple channels at a digital agency, a company, or a nonprofit organization.
* Bachelor's Degree from a four-year accredited college or university
* Strong management skills
* Analytical thinker
* Must have active accounts across key social media sites including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr, etc.
* Must have exceptional traditional writing and grammatical skills and a flair for using "social networking speak"
* Excellent verbal communication skills with ability to present ideas and information clearly
* Extreme attention to detail and outstanding organization skills
* Collaborative team player able to integrate with diverse internal groups
* Interest and passion in social media and emerging technologies
* Diligent work ethic with a desire to expand skill set while consistently learning
* Ability to think quickly (but not rashly) and prioritize
* Proactive, creative, and independent
* Is in alignment with Omega's mission, vision, goals and core values
|About Our Company
Omega is a place to explore the extraordinary potential that exists in all of us as individuals and together as a human family. We were founded on the holistic worldview that the well-being of each of us is deeply connected to the well-being of all living things. Since 1977, we have offered diverse and innovative educational experiences that inspire an integrated approach to personal and social change. Omega, a nonprofit organization, continues to be at the forefront of human development. We nurture dialogues on the integration of modern medicine and natural healing; design programs that connect science, spirituality, and creativity; and lay the groundwork for new traditions and lifestyles.
Each year, more than 23,000 people attend workshops and educational programs delivered by hundreds of teachers, artists, healers, and thinkers on the leading edge of their disciplines. With special attention to our key initiatives in sustainability, women's leadership, veterans care, and service, we bring awareness to issues that must be addressed in order for our society to heal and flourish.
Whether it's a creativity workshop at our 200-acre Rhinebeck, New York campus, a yoga retreat in Costa Rica, or a conference in New York City, our lifelong learning programs provide tools for the art of living, and motivation to cultivate greater health, joy, and peace at home and in the world.
Through innovative educational experiences that awaken the best in the human spirit, Omega provides hope and healing for individuals and society.
Our Core Values
Accountability, Holism, Integrity, Service, Simplicity, Sustainability, Teamwork, and Welcoming