|Publication or Company
||The Omega Institute
||Magazine Publishing, Marketing, Non-profit, Holistic Living trends
||Flexible Hours, Telecommute Policy
Reports to: Managing Editor
Location: Remote with weekly meetings in Rhinebeck, NY
For more than three decades, Omega has been the go-to source for programs that explore the extraordinary potential that exists in all of us as individuals and together as a human family.
We are expanding on this success to build a robust online content hub to bring hope and healing to an ever-expanding global audience.
If you are an engaged, collaborative, creative, experienced writer with a passion for helping others transform their lives, consider joining our growing content development team. This is a pivotal opportunity for a successful, motivated writer to contribute in a meaningful way to awakening the best in the human spirit.
* Collaborate with the managing editor and the chief marketing officer to create newsworthy, dynamic, and engaging content on behalf of Omega
* Develop various kinds of content, including, but not limited to:
* Articles or slideshows
* Positioning pieces on current events
* Interviews with teachers or staff
* Produce content for the many categories covered by Omega's Learning Paths: Body, Mind & Spirit; Health & Healing; Creative Expression; Relationships & Family; Leadership & Work; and Sustainable Living
* Create content that will inspire and engage both new and existing audiences via eOmega.org and social media
* Provide content that is ready for publication. Copy should be fully copyedited and include a meta description, keywords, and free tags
Most of the work to be done remotely, though position requires participation in a weekly collaborative work session with the content development team at Omega's campus in Rhinebeck, NY.
The right candidate will be able to perform the responsibilities listed above and will also have the following qualities.
* Seasoned, independent, published writer
* Deeply aware of the current news and timely trends in holistic living
* Professional, mature, energetic and highly motivated
* Eager to share ideas and suggest stories or angles
* Enjoys brainstorming and exploring possibilities
* Able to turn content around quickly
* Committed to supporting the mission of Omega and its initiatives
* Familiar with a broad range of social media outlets
* High journalistic standards
* On alignment with Omega's visions, goals and core values
|About Our Company
Omega is a place to explore the extraordinary potential that exists in all of us as individuals and together as a human family. We were founded on the holistic worldview that the well-being of each of us is deeply connected to the well-being of all living things. Since 1977, we have offered diverse and innovative educational experiences that inspire an integrated approach to personal and social change. Omega, a nonprofit organization, continues to be at the forefront of human development. We nurture dialogues on the integration of modern medicine and natural healing; design programs that connect science, spirituality, and creativity; and lay the groundwork for new traditions and lifestyles.
Each year, more than 23,000 people attend workshops and educational programs delivered by hundreds of teachers, artists, healers, and thinkers on the leading edge of their disciplines. With special attention to our key initiatives in sustainability, women's leadership, veterans care, and service, we bring awareness to issues that must be addressed in order for our society to heal and flourish.
Whether it's a creativity workshop at our 200-acre Rhinebeck, New York campus, a yoga retreat in Costa Rica, or a conference in New York City, our lifelong learning programs provide tools for the art of living, and motivation to cultivate greater health, joy, and peace at home and in the world.
Through innovative educational experiences that awaken the best in the human spirit, Omega provides hope and healing for individuals and society.
Our Core Values
Accountability, Holism, Integrity, Service, Simplicity, Sustainability, Teamwork, and Welcoming