|Publication or Company
||Digital Marketing Associate/Manager
||Internet/Online/New Media, Marketing, Newspapers, Non-profit, Social Media
||401K/403B, Bonuses, Dental, Flexible Hours, Health
||New York, NY, NY
The digital marketing associate or manager (depending upon skill and experience levels) leads digital marketing activities and coordinates efforts with the editorial web team on behalf of marketing/audience development and other business-side functions. He or she develops, proposes and implements advertising, marketing, social media and public relations strategies to improve and augment engagement with target audiences.
This position reports to the director of marketing and audience development.
- Lead, develop and deliver digital marketing plans in order to reach target audiences, including advertising, promotion, and video on major social-media platforms.
- Promote engagement with target audiences by identifying niche communities, organizations, and influential individuals in the digital world.
- Provide "real time" intelligence on trending topics and competitive developments to editorial, marketing and advertising leadership.
- Manage and measure the impact of social-media strategies for the marketing department.
- Advise marketing department and senior management on new developments in digital media and technology.
- Act as principal representative of the marketing team to the digital editorial staff.
- Manage relationships with third-party vendors of digital services, and identify new digital revenue opportunities for the company.
- Plan and execute search-engine marketing campaigns to achieve traffic and transactional targets.
- Serve as contact point and liaison with outside blogs, newsletters, websites, app producers, and other disseminators of content aimed at audiences congruent with ours to promote placement of Forward content and links.
- Participate in product planning and development.
- Coordinate with the marketing manager on public events to promote them selectively on social media and other digital platforms.
- Recommend opportunities to expand interactive and video elements on forward.com.
- Devise new means of capturing email addresses, generating Facebook "likes," and attracting Twitter followers.
- Compile, analyze and report relevant audience and engagement metrics across platforms.
- Additional duties and support as assigned by the director of marketing and audience development.
The audience development associate/manager must have:
- Advanced skills and substantial experience in social media, including close knowledge of how to maximize the reach and impact of content on Facebook, Twitter and other social-media platforms.
- Strong familiarity and skill with the interactive aspects of new media.
- Resourcefulness to devise means of using interactivity to build loyalty among multiple demographic niches.
- Working knowledge of emerging communications technologies.
- Training and experience in journalism, marketing communications or public relations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively in writing.
- Interest in issues pertaining to the American Jewish community.
- Experience in (and enthusiasm for) interpreting data to inform strategy and formulate action plans.
|About Our Company
||The Forward is widely regarded as American Jewry's essential, independent news organization, delivering incisive coverage of the issues, ideas and institutions that matter to American Jews with rigorous, unbiased reporting and balanced, thoughtful commentary on news, politics, arts and culture. Our journalistic excellence is recognized by colleagues in and outside the Jewish community.
We were founded in 1897, but have the entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up.We produce enlightening and entertaining multimedia content including blogs, podcasts, videos and more on a wide (and growing) variety of topics engaging Jews across a broad spectrum of affiliation and observance. The Forward occupies a unique position of independence as a nonprofit news organization, beholden to no institution, denomination or political faction.
The Forward Association, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer.