|Publication or Company
||Advertising Agency, Corporate/Institutional/Technical Writing, Internet/Online/New Media, Marketing, Public Relations, Sales/Advertising Sales, Social Media
||New York, NY
||Strategy Development and Thought Leadership:
- Lead the ongoing evolution of NYC Socials skills and infrastructure surrounding email marketing best practices in marketing operations and regulations.
- Develop marketing strategies with a focus on client segmentation, life cycle, conversion, and retention.
- Manage all email-marketing strategies, prioritization criteria and projects focused on improving client communications and deployment process.
- Work with marketing team members to translate business strategies and requirements into operational requirements, mapping out the correlation of dependency on other business lines.
- Define target demographic by season and sport, create a strategic, relevant content plan and utilize all available communication tools; establishing key targets, while tracking effectiveness and measuring successful goals.
- Create, write and edit all original content for marketing materials that are across varied channels to multiple audiences.
- Proper delivery of all email marketing campaigns, ensuring all emails comply with CAN-SPAM.
- Work with Marketing team members to market sponsor related or special events, strategize website and newsletter content.
- Partnering with the marketing manager to develop and measure key performance indicators ensuring email, newsletter, and all other applicable promotions are launched correctly, delivered on-time, tracked accurately, and continually evaluated for improvement, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Design reports around specific goals and initiatives, including creative segmentation strategies and models.
- Measure and report on email campaign results to compare against baseline and benchmarks.
- Organize and archive campaign performance results and information.
- Bachelor's degree and three to five years of relevant experience.
- The ideal candidate will have experience writing e-mail campaigns.
- Exemplary writing and communication skills.
- Ability to transition between the creative and analytical sides of marketing.
- A strong project management and analytical background; a demonstrated ability to take responsibility as the primary contact for several on-going, simultaneous projects and be able to complete them in the timeframe allotted and with minimal supervision.
- Experience in researching business trends and opportunities.
- Understanding of online advertising metrics, trafficking and reporting and experience with tools such as Google Analytics.
- Have basic understanding of HTML and CSS; be savvy with technology including social media, Adobe, and Microsoft Office applications in a Mac environment.
- A keen eye for design, content layout, and relevant and current events and can create effective visual model.
- Have a kung-fu grip on the English language and be able to spell and write flawlessly for varied audiences.
- Understand the nuances of our business -we take other people's fun seriously.
- Be able to thrive in a casual, yet driven work environment with the ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects and groups of clients with competing interests.
- Possess a real sense of ownership with projects and outcome; proven track record of taking initiative and completing projects successfully, on time, and within budget.
- Be available on weeknights and weekends as needed, often with minimal notice.
This is a full time, on site position. The Communications Strategist will interact with members of all departments, will be classified in the Marketing Department, will work closely with the Marketing team and other business teams. Office hours are 10a-6p Monday-Friday with some evening and weekend hours. If you would like to be considered for the Communications Strategist position, please submit your resume, cover letter, salary history (and expectations) and relevant writing samples of your work. Please note, ALL of the information listed above is required, applications submitted without all of the required documentation will not be considered. NYC Social is an EOE; all qualified candidates will be considered.
|About Our Company
||NYC Social is a co-ed, adult recreational sports club and social network in New York City. Our goal is to eradicate loneliness and build a framework for new friendships in NYC, a place where a sense of community can often be hard to find for newcomers and residents alike. We do this by way of producing fun and welcoming events and social sports leagues with post-game socializing every season of the year. We serve adults 21+ from the boroughs of New York City as well as from Long Island, New Jersey, and Connecticut.
NYC Social is seeking a technically skilled Communications Strategist with experience in building, customizing, deploying and optimizing complex email, newsletter, special event, promotional pieces and all interactive strategic campaigns. The qualified applicant must posses a well-rounded understanding of email and internet marketing campaigns, database and list management, and will be in the position to own and execute all marketing operations including planning, execution, testing the effectiveness, analysis and clear reporting on all campaign efforts. The successful candidate will possess a strong background in email and direct marketing from both strategic and tactical levels with a proven track record of managing a variety of marketing programs of significant complexity across multiple business lines.