|Publication or Company
||The Skin Cancer Foundation
||Marketing, Non-profit, Public Relations, Communications
||401K/403B, Dental, Health
||New York, NY
||The Skin Cancer Foundation, based in NYC, is seeking a Marketing Communications Manager. Reporting to the Marketing Communications Director, this role manages all publicity and public information efforts, ensuring that they uphold the Foundation’s image and support its goals and objectives. The Manager also participates in the development and execution of public awareness campaigns and provides overall management of the MarComm Department’s day-to-day operations.
• Participating in development/execution of key public awareness programs including Road to Healthy Skin Tour and The Skin Cancer Foundation’s Seal of Recommendation.
• Proactive and reactive media relations, including devising outreach strategies, pitching, handling press inquiries, monitoring interviews, drafting talking points, prepping physician spokespersons.
• Maintaining Foundation Fact Sheet
• Writing documents including strategic plans, position statements, pitches, releases, selected editorial pieces.
• Managing Go With Your Own Glow PSA Campaign, including securing pro bono ad space.
• Driving website content, including suggesting story ideas and strategic placement.
• Ensuring that Foundation’s messaging is present and on brand in high-visibility corporate partnerships.
• Project management, including handling exhibit booth and Foundation presence at relevant conferences.
• Participating in social media efforts.
• Foundation event support including promotion, VIP and media attendance, production (drafting scripts, AV management, vendor management).
• Participate in advocacy efforts and serve as a Foundation representative on the National Council for Skin Cancer Prevention
• Oversee media monitoring and media coverage reporting.
• Provide mentorship and direction (as needed) to Marketing Communications Coordinator
• Other duties and tasks as directed
Required experience, competencies, education:
• Bachelors degree in Communications, PR or journalism
• 4-6 years of full-time PR experience (agency experience preferred)
• Ability to communicate effectively with physicians and executives at all levels
• Ability to interpret complex medical information and communicate it to a lay audience
• Strong media relations skills: comfort regularly communicating with press and proven success pitching and placing feature stories.
• Excellent writing skills and knowledge of AP Style
• Keen awareness of current events and how the media is covering them
• Comfort in Microsoft Office Suite
• Confidence using social media tools including Facebook and Twitter
• Familiarity with maintaining contact lists in Cision or other media contact software
• Strong interest in health and beauty topics
The Skin Cancer Foundation offers:
• Excellent company paid benefits
• Competitive Salary
• Fantastic Work-Life Balance
• The opportunity to play a role in reducing incidence of the world’s most common cancer.
If you are a results-oriented team player who is interested in joining The Foundation’s fight against skin cancer, send cover letter, resume and writing samples to:
The Skin Cancer Foundation
No phone calls please. Submissions without salary history included will not be considered.
|About Our Company
||The Skin Cancer Foundation is the only global organization solely devoted to the prevention, early detection and treatment of skin cancer. The mission of the Foundation is to decrease the incidence of skin cancer through public and professional education and research. For more information, visit www.SkinCancer.org.