|Publication or Company
||Director of Advertising Sales & Brand Strategy
||Internet/Online/New Media, Magazine Publishing, Marketing, Other Publishing, Sales/Advertising Sales
||New York, NY
• Own revenue responsibility for all revenue generating products: print, online, mobile, event
sponsorship, custom, lead generation, etc.
• Drive and lead strategic development and growth for sales team
• Oversee and direct all marketing plans and initiatives that support sales efforts, including but not
limited to direct mail, promotion, collateral, etc.
• Provide direction and strategic vision that strengthens brand messaging and align with business goals
• Lead, manage and mentor sales and administrative team
• Develop sales goals, objectives and strategies; oversee ad ops and actively contribute on-going input for
new revenue generating products, marketing materials and programs.
• Active engagement in entire sales process: sales calls, brainstorming, proposal development, etc.
• Full P&L responsibly and provide analysis of sales, pricing, promotional expenses and product
• Key member of the Crain’s leadership team
• Position reports into Publisher
• Successful sales management experience contributing to the significant growth of a business is essential
• Requires a hands-on, lead by example sales and marketing executive
• Proven track record of sales & marketing success, minimum 7-10 years’ experience
• Must be collaborative and open minded
• Passion for media and news
• Works easily across departments and actively seeks new ideas
• Solid knowledge of emerging new media strategies
• Minimum of five years in sales management/leadership role
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
|About Our Company
||An industry leader, Crain Communications Inc is one of the largest privately owned business media companies with 30 leading business, trade and consumer brands in North America, Europe and Asia. The company’s 850 employees in 11 locations produce exciting publications, digital products, events, marketing services, custom publishing, lead generation and research and data products to help its millions of readers and clients succeed.
CRAIN’S NEW YORK BUSINESS - Providing news, information and connections on all facets of New
York through the prism of business. Crain's New York Business delivers the city's elite across our print, online and event platforms more effectively than anyone else. Covering all industry sectors including real estate, finance, advertising & marketing, hospitality, professional services and technology in addition to our unrivaled coverage of local and state politics has made Crain's New York Business the market leader. We are searching for a dynamic, forward thinking, sales and marketing leader who has a track record of success. You will be leading a team of smart, highly motivated sales experts who have a passion for our brand and a proven record of innovation and creativity. Our Director of Sales & Brand Strategy must be driven, creative, and strategic. An ideal candidate is someone who is a natural leader, can roll up their sleeves, think outside the box and have fun by doing good work. This is a unique opportunity to join an entrepreneurial media organization and effect change.
Overall, Crain's New York Business offers:
• An entrepreneurial environment where people are encouraged to manage their categories creatively and
• A lean management structure allowing for growth opportunities.
• A family friendly company that is sensitive to our employees’ domestic needs.
• Offices located within 2 blocks of Grand Central Station.
• A competitive salary, a generous benefits package, profit sharing, and a friendly work env