|Publication or Company
||New York, NY
||We are looking for an experienced business & technology journalist, who can inspire the editorial team of a tech-centric news site, shape its content coverage and make the site must-read and must-share among business decision makers, experts and influencers of the technology industry.
Editor - Core Responsibilities
1. Oversee and edit copies of multiple writers, assign them topics, and guide and train them in identifying and writing compelling stories that thrive on the real-time Web.
2. Research emerging web trends and user demographics and use the information to develop content strategies.
3. Brainstorm interesting and creative content ideas and implementing them. The editor will work closely with writers that will be focused on offering compelling and engaging content that draws on a variety of storytelling formats, from articles to videos to slideshows.
4. Update front page of the news site on daily basis.
5. Interview key business decision makers and influencers of the technology industry, write interesting features, reviews and opinion pieces on a regular basis, on a variety of topics, and give voice to the site, whose target audience are readers between 25-50 years.
Editor - Qualifications
1. At least Bachelor's Degree in Journalism or related.
2. 5+ years work experience in an editorial environment, for a reputed, technology-centric, online news publication.
3. Established contacts in the U.S. technology industry a must. The candidate must be familiar with key influencers and opinion shapers in the technology industry, whom he or she will commission to offer blog posts and opinion pieces.
4. Above-the-curve knowledge of latest developments in the technology industry, especially the Silicon Valley companies.
5. Strong ability to track, plan for, and help shape coverage around major tech news and a proven ability to reach readers in creative and unique ways.
6. Ability to work efficiently in a very fast-paced, results-driven environment.
7. Excellent writing and editing skills. Sound knowledge of AP style.
8. Experience in updating front page.
9. Excellent planning/time management, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
10. Proven experience in working in an editorial team and, preferably, leading the team.
11. Candidate must be organized, self-motivated, comfortable working with minimal oversight, and possess the ability to work on and meet multiple, ever-changing deadline schedules.
12. Proven experience in using content management systems, including Joomla and Wordpress, for editing and posting online content.
13. Proven experience in Search Engine Optimization, including working with title tags, keywords, keyword weight and meta descriptions to maximize online exposure and ability to keep pace with the latest SEO trends and emerging strategies.
14. Proficiency in social networking including Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus, and the ability to drive audience growth in current and emerging social media.
How to Apply
Suitable candidates may apply for the position, and include the following:
1. Cover letter (include online writing samples, preferably on technology)
3. Topics of interest
4. Earliest possible start date
|About Our Company
||Tech Times is a digital media company that owns and manages several news sites, and reports on technology and other cool things happening everyday. We deliver real time, cutting-edge news and information on technology, science, health, life and more.
As part of our organization, you’ll enjoy a stable and growing environment, along with an office culture that rewards, recognizes and respects talent and achievements. We provide competitive compensation and offer a great environment and opportunities for growth.